Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360547 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #795: January 19, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »
This is OOC so this shouldn't matter.

Oh yeah.

OOC things never become IC.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #796: January 19, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »
Oh yeah.

Never. Nope.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #797: January 19, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »
I disagree completely with this because you are not thinking like a group but as an individual. Sure this is true if you plan to tell every other realm fighting to !@#$ off because your not coordinating with any of them and because of that you have no idea where their army is. The war becoming two fronts changes the war completely.

So you would agree, if I was thinking purely as one nation/individual? Good, glad to hear it because Luria Nova won't ever work with D'Hara. You guys can work adjacent to us, if you'd like, but we'll do our own thing.

Wow. I hope no one from Aurvandil is reading this.

Who cares? The invasion isn't happening anymore, as far as anyone knows, and Luria Nova and D'Hara have already expressed their intentions to declare war against Aurvandil. Not to mention, they did so to all the rulers on Dwilight.

I trust Mendicant, and all the other players in Aurvandil, to play the game properly.

@Arundel, Under any circumstances, it is inappropriate to share IG correspondence OOC.

Well then I suppose I'm being inappropriate, by defending myself and my own actions against OOC accusations. Sorry for being so naughty?
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #798: January 19, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »
Oh yeah.

I said shouldn't not won't.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #799: January 19, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »
So you would agree, if I was thinking purely as one nation/individual? Good, glad to hear it because Luria Nova won't ever work with D'Hara. You guys can work adjacent to us, if you'd like, but we'll do our own thing.
Just wow. You act like D'hara and Luria Nova are the only two realms and besides I am not saying we have to fight battles but you sound like sharing the location of Aurvandil's army is ridiculous. Basically you want to act like none of the SA realms, moot, or Fissoa is fighting this war?  I can't believe Lurians have became so prideful, or more likely idiotic to ignore the entirety of Dwilight as this is nearly all of Dwilight at war with Aurvandil.  :'(
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #800: January 19, 2013, 10:43:03 AM »
Just wow. You act like D'hara and Luria Nova are the only two realms and besides I am not saying we have to fight battles but you sound like sharing the location of Aurvandil's army is ridiculous. Basically you want to act like none of the SA realms, moot, or Fissoa is fighting this war?  I can't believe Lurians have became so prideful, or more likely idiotic to ignore the entirety of Dwilight as this is nearly all of Dwilight at war with Aurvandil.  :'(

Whoa, geez, no need to get all emotional about it and throw more baseless accusations out in the wind. I mean, think what you want, but I don't see a point in personally continuing this discussion.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #801: January 19, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »
Cession of claims was offered by your previous ruler.

Uhm, nope, the only thing that was offered to dhara was that we ended hostilities. All those terms and conditions Rynn proposed were that ridiculous that Fulco didn't even negotiate over it, it would basically give dhara all they wanted and ln nothing.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #802: January 19, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
@Arundel, Under any circumstances, it is inappropriate to share IG correspondence OOC.

I disagree. There are a few instances that sharing IG correspondence OOC is acceptable, cases like this one where Arundel is defending from some pretty harsh accusations is one of them. If IC correspondence is the only way to refute OOC lies/accusations directed at them then I think it is acceptable to use it. This perhaps deserves a completely separate thread, but this has been a very heated and harsh argument all around already.

Well then I suppose I'm being inappropriate, by defending myself and my own actions against OOC accusations. Sorry for being so naughty?

This is OOC so this shouldn't matter.

This forum is OOC. It is also not impossible to believe that OOC information is used IC. It happens a lot. However, that is not what is supposed to happen. Just because it can happen doesn't mean all discussion of IC events must be stopped.

----------

Again, apologies for the off-topic post, but I think its relevant to state that I believe defense of one's self should not be prohibited at least in the manner that occurred here.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #803: January 19, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »

@Nosferatus, Shhh! You're in prison! you can't see any of this!

what prison  8)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #804: January 19, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
Question for Solari,

Just for clarification, that ceasefire agreement Malus presented to Rynn way back when did say something about ceding claims of Sallowscape (The Cassius Belli for the declaration of war) to D'Hara, no?  I clearly remember that, And' I'm hoping I shared it with some of the HoL before having to decline it. Anyway, my mind plays tricks on me and it seems you can lay that question to bed.

@Arundel. Yes, Yes you are naughty. Also, consider this. If Fissoa falls, Alice has to have Rynn's babies because she swore to it. So by all means, drag your feet. Rynn wins either way.

Swore  8)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #805: January 19, 2013, 03:21:11 PM »
You have a much larger chance to win if you attack with a larger force. Usually, in battles, the large force wins, unless the environment plays a big role (like walls or terrain.)

It would be more efficient to take your entire army and attack in one go, for the price of another month, with greater odds of success. This, rather than attacking in waves with pockets of forces, having them all die or take heavy casualties, which would then force them to retreat and refit all the way back home.

Right, because the only viable targets are Aurvandil's full force in Candiels, and there's no other realms to cooperate with, like, you know, Fissoa? I'm pretty sure Fissoa doesn't need THAT much help to get a few victories against the saxons.

Sending part pf your forces doesn't imply sending your forces in waves for suicide attacks. Raids and takeovers are just as important, if not more so, than actually fighting their big army.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #806: January 19, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
Question for Solari,

Just for clarification, that ceasefire agreement Malus presented to Rynn way back when did say something about ceding claims of Sallowscape (The Cassius Belli for the declaration of war) to D'Hara, no?  I clearly remember that, And' I'm hoping I shared it with some of the HoL before having to decline it. Anyway, my mind plays tricks on me and it seems you can lay that question to bed.

Yes. One of the Lurian leaders, backed by Morek, offered recognition of D'Haran claim to Sallowcape.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #807: January 19, 2013, 03:23:57 PM »
Don't worry, I know how to be a good sport with OOC information. I won't let it affect any of our in game processes, that would just be slimy.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #808: January 19, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »
Don't worry, I know how to be a good sport with OOC information. I won't let it affect any of our in game processes, that would just be slimy.

Let's just say I had some...annoying D&D experiences in the past and found that its easier to simply avoid the temptation wherever possible  :(
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #809: January 19, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
This forum is OOC. It is also not impossible to believe that OOC information is used IC. It happens a lot. However, that is not what is supposed to happen. Just because it can happen doesn't mean all discussion of IC events must be stopped.

----------

Again, apologies for the off-topic post, but I think its relevant to state that I believe defense of one's self should not be prohibited at least in the manner that occurred here.
One last off topic post for now from me. I said it the way I did precisely to say what you said in less words. The forum is OOC thus it shouldn't affect our characters. I also say shouldn't not won't because some do let it affect their characters.

Back on topic, why the stopping of taking over Thar Gortauth or something like that?
― G.K. Chesterton