Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360209 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #810: January 19, 2013, 10:00:52 PM »
Right, because the only viable targets are Aurvandil's full force in Candiels, and there's no other realms to cooperate with, like, you know, Fissoa? I'm pretty sure Fissoa doesn't need THAT much help to get a few victories against the saxons.

Sending part pf your forces doesn't imply sending your forces in waves for suicide attacks. Raids and takeovers are just as important, if not more so, than actually fighting their big army.

You're pretty sure?

Well obviously tactics change with the intent you have. If I wanted to raid, I would appropriately raid with smaller forces. But personally, I'd rather kill the big army first: lets me sleep at night.

Edit:

@Arundel. Yes, Yes you are naughty. Also, consider this. If Fissoa falls, Alice has to have Rynn's babies because she swore to it. So by all means, drag your feet. Rynn wins either way.

Promises will be broken. Luria Nova has a "no giving birth to abominations" rule somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:05:35 PM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #811: January 19, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »
Not to mention D'Hara has actively worked to keep LN's forces occupied for longer than necessary.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #812: January 20, 2013, 12:10:37 AM »
You're pretty sure?

Well obviously tactics change with the intent you have. If I wanted to raid, I would appropriately raid with smaller forces. But personally, I'd rather kill the big army first: lets me sleep at night.

Obviously, Aurvandil is such a big direct threat to Luria Nova, right? And causing regions to revolt isn't going to help make your realm any safer?

Just be blunt about it: it's not that you CAN'T fight Aurvandil within a month, it's that you just don't WANT to do so, because you want to attack them in a very specific way and want to do a whole bunch of things before.

Not to mention D'Hara has actively worked to keep LN's forces occupied for longer than necessary.

Right, let's blame D'Hara for having been gangbanged. Totally D'Hara's fault. Luria gets to decide when wars start and when they stop, how dare anyone else not go along with Luria's decisions?

Or, you know, the Lurias could have kept their word, and attacked Aurvandil to begin with, instead of backstabbing D'Hara. Or, you know, Luria Nova could have let Luria Vesperi be, and keep that war of reunification for a later date. Or, you know, Luria Nova could have opened a second front, given how LV wasn't a threat whatsoever and doing so would have resulted in D'Hara doing the same.

But you are right. Totally D'Hara's fault. How dare D'Hara defend the only nation that came to help it against Luria Nova? How DARE they? Clearly they've only done that to keep LN's forces occupied just out of spite. Clearly.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #813: January 20, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »
Blah blah blah

I'm lol'ing hard over here. Thanks for the alternate universe report.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #814: January 20, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »

PAAAHLEEEEZ. I refer you to my previous posts on the subject. Anything more on the subject merely serves to entertain Woelfy, which I am adamantly against at all cost.

At. All. Cost.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #815: January 20, 2013, 01:33:56 AM »
If we were playing our characters completely ignoring IC and just thought OOC yes. IC, we have no reason to believe the treacherous LN was going to go to war with Aurvandil until we had it made a peace term and really even now there is much confidence they will actually. OOC I would agree that war kept LN away from war longer than needed but D'hara was in no way going for that, we just don't trust them a bit. An example to show how little we trust is if we needed someone to hold a nice sized bag of gold for us and it was between giving it to a convicted thief who has even robbed tax offices or LN's queen we would hand our gold to the thief without a second thought.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #816: January 20, 2013, 02:47:00 AM »
If we were playing our characters completely ignoring IC and just thought OOC yes.

Great! Conversation over!

We just don't trust them a bit.

Now think how we feel: the exact same way. Now all the pieces are falling into place. I'm glad we've all come to an understanding here.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #817: January 20, 2013, 02:50:31 AM »
PAAAHLEEEEZ. I refer you to my previous posts on the subject. Anything more on the subject merely serves to entertain Woelfy, which I am adamantly against at all cost.

At. All. Cost.

Hahahaha, love you too JeVondair. Why you take my entertainment though? It's nice having a reliable comedy thread to read ;)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #818: January 20, 2013, 02:13:43 PM »
I've never understood why both sides are so determined to push for this war against a random third party when they hate and fear each other to such an extent. It just seems so hideously contrived and out of character for the realms.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #819: January 20, 2013, 02:40:18 PM »
I've never understood why both sides are so determined to push for this war against a random third party when they hate and fear each other to such an extent. It just seems so hideously contrived and out of character for the realms.

pffffffffft
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #820: January 20, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
Well from everything I've seen, it just doesn't seem to work on any sort of level Ic or OOC. It just seems contrived, like you're both forcing something neither of you want.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #821: January 20, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »
Well from everything I've seen, it just doesn't seem to work on any sort of level Ic or OOC. It just seems contrived, like you're both forcing something neither of you want.

You banned religion.

On a SMA continent.

People are willing to put enmity aside to deal with that.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #822: January 20, 2013, 02:53:32 PM »
Quite simple, to the north: SA. To the south: Aurvandil (and Falkirk). It's either fight on the side of arrogant militaristic realms invading our subcontinent against SA or fight against those realms with SA, which includes people with influence in Luria as well as the one foreign realm with whom we've had sort of amicable relations for years.

OOC I don't feel like joining the gangbang, IC however... what, should we just wait till you're closer?

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #823: January 20, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »
You banned religion.

On a SMA continent.

People are willing to put enmity aside to deal with that.

No I didn't, so you know, I hope you're not just marching to war based on a misconception that would be lame.

Quite simple, to the north: SA. To the south: Aurvandil (and Falkirk). It's either fight on the side of arrogant militaristic realms invading our subcontinent against SA or fight against those realms with SA, which includes people with influence in Luria as well as the one foreign realm with whom we've had sort of amicable relations for years.

OOC I don't feel like joining the gangbang, IC however... what, should we just wait till you're closer?

I don't know why Luria wants to see Fissoa and D'Hara strengthened, a new Madina formed in Falkirk, creating a power bloc that will allow D'Hara and co to walk over and give Alice a rough one as they please. Which, based on letters Mendicant has seen is the D'Haran intent the moment Aurvandil is done and dusted.

It's silly.

Particularly considering Aurvandil has no intention for war with Luria Nova in the future, but D'Hara quite clearly does.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #824: January 20, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »
I don't know why Luria wants to see Fissoa and D'Hara strengthened, a new Madina formed in Falkirk, creating a power bloc that will allow D'Hara and co to walk over and give Alice a rough one as they please. Which, based on letters Mendicant has seen is the D'Haran intent the moment Aurvandil is done and dusted.

It's silly.

Particularly considering Aurvandil has no intention for war with Luria Nova in the future, but D'Hara quite clearly does.

Maybe. But things can be done to change that. History shows that if you border one of you guys, invasion is imminent and politicking your way out of it not an option, unless you want to become a subject.
Not to mention that we know that Aurvandil wanted to invade us and was trying to arrange passage through D'Hara for it before this war started. You can't just be /that/ belligerent and still expect people to believe you when you say you won't attack them at some point.

Besides, there's a big difference between a war with D'Hara and a war with Aurvandil.