Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360200 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #870: January 22, 2013, 06:25:42 AM »
Well, Sevastian doesn't pay you to think! He created the damned realm!
Sevastion doesn't pay me period so I don't care.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #871: January 22, 2013, 08:02:30 AM »
Exactly. You shouldn't even really have an opinion on him, as your character and him have had hardly any interaction.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #872: January 22, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »
Luria and Fissoa allied? Alanna should want to kill herself just so she can roll over in her grave!

I'm not sure why you think that should bother her more than, oh, say, someone else being the Queen of the only extant Lurian realm.

Alanna's not playing for herself anymore. She's playing a long game for all of Luria.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #873: January 22, 2013, 01:52:33 PM »
I'm not sure why you think that should bother her more than, oh, say, someone else being the Queen of the only extant Lurian realm.

Alanna's not playing for herself anymore. She's playing a long game for all of Luria.

She's Imperial Chancellor though. So she outranks the Queen anyway right?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #874: January 22, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
She's Imperial Chancellor though. So she outranks the Queen anyway right?

Imperial Chancellor means nothing, it's something that remained from the old empire kinda. Even in the old empire it had not much power as everything was decided by vote..

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #875: January 22, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »
Clearly, Luria should pull a Galactic Republic move and declare itself an Empire, investing the Chancellor with imperial power.

The question remains: who would play JarJar Binks?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #876: January 22, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
Clearly, Luria should pull a Galactic Republic move and declare itself an Empire, investing the Chancellor with imperial power.

I'm going to just say not my character. Other than that I'm down.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #877: January 22, 2013, 07:24:22 PM »
D'Hara can haz battle droidz nao?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #878: January 22, 2013, 07:30:30 PM »

Bipel, obviously.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #879: January 22, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
Bipel, obviously.

I think that would require Bipel to still be a member in good standing.

No, I think the best candidate at the moment would be someone like Sha'shanti.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #880: January 22, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
I think that would require Bipel to still be a member in good standing.

No, I think the best candidate at the moment would be someone like Sha'shanti.

Hahaha, that means that JarJar was someone in good standing. I was under the impression that we were looking for the most annoying person that deserves death most obviously.  ::) my bad.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #881: January 22, 2013, 09:04:28 PM »
Hahaha, that means that JarJar was someone in good standing. I was under the impression that we were looking for the most annoying person that deserves death most obviously.  ::) my bad.

Jar Jar was the one who publicly asked for the support of the Senate of the Republic to vote in favor of appointing Palpatine as Imperial Chancellor. In other words, JarJar is the King maker.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #882: January 22, 2013, 09:18:50 PM »
Jar Jar was the one who publicly asked for the support of the Senate of the Republic to vote in favor of appointing Palpatine as Imperial Chancellor. In other words, JarJar is the King maker.

Like I said, deserving of death.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #883: January 22, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »

No. Jar-Jar was the front man, manipulated to do this so that the ones who really wanted it could remain hidden.

He only appears to be the kingmaker because he was weak of will and happened to be in the right place at the wrong time.
Timothy Collett

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #884: January 22, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »
Wesa gonna make-a Empire! Wesa gonna bring lotsa Gungans to da table! Big party! New hegemony!