Author Topic: Luria  (Read 361015 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #930: January 27, 2013, 03:55:21 AM »
I recently found out that northern Lurians seem to think Sha'shanti is a man. Which was a suprise to me as well as many others, especially herself.

Maybe she could be Jar-Jar. Or she wears one hell of a disguise when travelling. Usually the cleavage and leg she shows leaves those kind of things indistubutably obvious, even to the thickest peasant.

There was very little communication between Solarians and Novans prior to unification. Which is the major reason Malus did it. One Luria, or no Luria. That's the motto of the day.  ;D

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #931: January 27, 2013, 03:58:15 AM »
Which is the major reason Malus did it. One Luria, or no Luria. That's the motto of the day.  ;D

Reads: That's the motto of the minute.

And the lack of discourse is why Malus transferred his Duchy? Huh. Could've sworn it was because Malus got trolled. ;)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #932: January 27, 2013, 03:59:11 AM »
For the Empire!!!

Or the bits of it that you like anyway.

Sha'shanti loves all of Luria. Even the D'haran, Falkirkian and Auran bits of it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:02:51 AM by Samboji »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #933: January 27, 2013, 06:06:35 AM »
For the Empire!!!

Or the bits of it that you like anyway.

Sha'shanti loves all of Luria. Even the D'haran, Falkirkian and Auran bits of it.
D'hara Lurian? For some reason the Lurians think so but no one else AFAIK.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #934: January 27, 2013, 06:11:08 AM »
D'hara Lurian? For some reason the Lurians think so but no one else AFAIK.

Perhaps because Pian en Luries still retains original claims on the islands and those claims have been passed down from one Lurian realm to the next.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #935: January 27, 2013, 07:12:02 AM »
Perhaps because Pian en Luries still retains original claims on the islands and those claims have been passed down from one Lurian realm to the next.

And from ruler to ruler in some cases. Lurians take that kind of stuff seriously, to a fault.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #936: January 27, 2013, 07:12:15 AM »

And I believe were renounced as part of the present peace.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #937: January 27, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
And I believe were renounced as part of the present peace.

I have no knowledge regarding such a thing, but I also find it doubtful that Luria would ever willingly give up those claims.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #938: January 27, 2013, 07:17:51 AM »
Reads: That's the motto of the minute.

And the lack of discourse is why Malus transferred his Duchy? Huh. Could've sworn it was because Malus got trolled. ;)

How did Malus get trolled?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #939: January 27, 2013, 07:40:03 AM »
They can say they have claims if they want, and I can see that it might be true, but Alice has said she sees D'hara as a Lurian realm, which I disagree with. Maybe a cousin of Luria but not a Lurian realm.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #940: January 27, 2013, 08:06:44 AM »
It's Lurian territory. I don't really think of the D'Harans as any kind of Lurians though. They haven't earned that prestigious title.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #941: January 27, 2013, 08:11:27 AM »
It's Lurian territory. I don't really think of the D'Harans as any kind of Lurians though. They haven't earned that prestigious title.

This is what Alice would mean if anything.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #942: January 27, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »

I would hope so.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #943: January 27, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »
I find it rather entertaining that you consider yourselves anything but Lurian. Your realm was formed out of Lurian lands, from a Lurian Tyranny, by a Lurian Duchess, and thus you, and the lands you inhabit, will always be Lurian.
Direct quote of Alice.
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #944: January 27, 2013, 09:21:27 AM »
Direct quote of Alice.

I agree with that statement though.

I find it hard to make any argument that counters hers.