Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360403 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #945: January 27, 2013, 10:04:06 AM »
Hey, interesting project idea. Let's trace the ancestry of all the Dwilight realms (from the First Four).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #946: January 27, 2013, 10:05:03 AM »
I agree with that statement though.

I find it hard to make any argument that counters hers.
So how does you and your lands not equal D'hara and D'harans?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #947: January 27, 2013, 10:13:54 AM »
So how does you and your lands not equal D'hara and D'harans?

D'Hara was founded as an offshoot of Luria. The current Luria Nova was created as part of the core of Luria. Luria Nova was the whos monarch's were granted the claims of Luria by the Lurian Empire and Pian en Luries before them. D'Hara has no such claim to those.

D'Hara in addition was created specifically by those seeking to oppose Luria and its goals. It was built from traitors to the Lurian crown. Why would they retain claim to the lands of Luria?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #948: January 27, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »
D'Hara was founded as an offshoot of Luria. The current Luria Nova was created as part of the core of Luria. Luria Nova was the whos monarch's were granted the claims of Luria by the Lurian Empire and Pian en Luries before them. D'Hara has no such claim to those.

D'Hara in addition was created specifically by those seeking to oppose Luria and its goals. It was built from traitors to the Lurian crown. Why would they retain claim to the lands of Luria?
So what your saying is that D'hara has no claim to the lands it owns? I am a bit confused tbh.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #949: January 27, 2013, 10:28:08 AM »
So what your saying is that D'hara has no claim to the lands it owns? I am a bit confused tbh.

Not at all. D'Hara certainly has claim to the lands it owns. Luria just has a prior and stronger claim.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #950: January 27, 2013, 10:44:31 AM »
And I believe were renounced as part of the present peace.

That was apart of the ridiculous terms Rynn offered for peace and the messenger vearing them rode the riars of laughter all the way back to Port Raviel.

"Our biggest military accomplishment was retaking the Desert while Luria Nova pressed our ally and gave zero !@#$s about us taking the region. Give us Girich and renounce your claims or face our wrath!"
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #951: January 27, 2013, 08:37:38 PM »
A lot of time has passed since the time of Lurian dominance in the Dragon Isles. I think the claim weakens the longer it's merely a claim and not a manifest reality.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #952: January 27, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »
A claims are as strong as the force that supports it.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #953: January 27, 2013, 09:42:59 PM »
Judging from their recent performance that doesn't do much to strengthen Luria's claims :P

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #954: January 27, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »
Judging from their recent performance that doesn't do much to strengthen Luria's claims :P

If we're going strictly on Performance, D'hara should have claim to the Desert, and that's about it.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #955: January 27, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
If we're going strictly on Performance, D'hara should have claim to the Desert, and that's about it.
I disagree.
― G.K. Chesterton

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #956: January 27, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »

Not that it'd be much of a difference. They'd still have no food, no gold and a terrible tactical position.  ::)

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #957: January 28, 2013, 02:16:33 AM »
But they would be safe from our advys hunting their precious monsters and undead to extinction. Which would be their only substantial form of income if they only had the desert.

I hate that desert. It costs me 8-10 gold every time I want to spy on D'hara just to go around it. They could have the decency to put some roads in or something.

The next peace-treaty, ceasefire or random bit of diplomacy we do with D'hara, can we demand that they put in some sodding transport infrastructure through the desert? I've had to pay for ships 3 times now. It's damn inconvenient to spy on them, I'll tell you that.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #958: January 28, 2013, 02:31:49 AM »
But they would be safe from our advys hunting their precious monsters and undead to extinction. Which would be their only substantial form of income if they only had the desert.

I hate that desert. It costs me 8-10 gold every time I want to spy on D'hara just to go around it. They could have the decency to put some roads in or something.

The next peace-treaty, ceasefire or random bit of diplomacy we do with D'hara, can we demand that they put in some sodding transport infrastructure through the desert? I've had to pay for ships 3 times now. It's damn inconvenient to spy on them, I'll tell you that.

That's why you get a spy in D'Hara. Geez.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #959: January 28, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »

That's why you get a spy in D'Hara. Geez.

Seriously, its not even that hard. :-p
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"