Author Topic: Luria  (Read 361096 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1005: February 26, 2013, 02:44:45 AM »
Smart man.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006: February 26, 2013, 02:46:24 AM »
Smart man.
He is going to !@#$ over D'hara big time.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007: February 26, 2013, 02:57:34 AM »
He is going to !@#$ over D'hara big time.

Someday in the future, I'd love to see an accounting of all of this. Like a timeline of IC events coupled with their perception by various parties. I really do think this would be amazing. Because from the perspective of the decision makers in Luria, Hireshmont (and a few other factors, to be fair) is the only thing saving D'Hara from the Vesperi treatment.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008: February 26, 2013, 03:00:53 AM »
It confuses me that D'hara luria and aurvandil are all enemies of each other. You'd think one would have the intelligence to befriend another and gang up on the third and fight their battles later.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009: February 26, 2013, 03:37:47 AM »
It confuses me that D'hara luria and aurvandil are all enemies of each other. You'd think one would have the intelligence to befriend another and gang up on the third and fight their battles later.

In case you hadn't noticed, that's what D'Hara and Luria are currently trying (and failing) to do.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010: February 26, 2013, 04:02:39 AM »
In case you hadn't noticed, that's what D'Hara and Luria are currently trying (and failing) to do.

It's also basically what the Lurias and Aurvandil had done against D'Hara earlier on, and what Aurvandil and D'Hara pondered doing before that.

But by my count, Falkirk's going down pretty rapidly. Ain't doing all that bad.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1011: February 26, 2013, 04:39:53 AM »
Rynn found that Lurians in general, and Alice in particular, tend to begin every conversation with something akin to "I want" and end with something on the level of "or else," with everything in between smacking of arrogance and paranoia. Props for the Lurian players playing their characters to a T, though.

Anyway, He told Vellos he simply wasn't gonna deal with it anymore. Best that way. Although, Rynn is unaware of any deal-making o_0

Also, Jonsu at Rynn's wedding in Mimer? I had to roll a d20 to see how Rynn would handle THAT one.

"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012: February 26, 2013, 04:44:03 AM »
Luria finds that any D'haran communique contains the phrase "We deserve..." "in payment..." "in restitution"

Also, yes I felt like crashing the wedding :p And honestly, you invited Allison? Or is she crashing it too?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1013: February 26, 2013, 04:47:20 AM »
Please, sir, separate yourself from your character! :-p If Jonsu had played her cards right, it might have been her at that alter.

Besides, we did deserve a restitution  8)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014: February 26, 2013, 04:50:35 AM »
Please, sir, separate yourself from your character! :-p If Jonsu had played her cards right, it might have been her at that alter.

Besides, we did deserve a restitution  8)

While I won't argue the merits of her current husband, he was a fantastic stepping stone. At the time Rynn couldn't hold a candle to what Sevastian offered.

Restitution is for winners :p

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1015: February 26, 2013, 04:53:43 AM »
Now I ain't sayin she a gold digga...but patience and investment pay off nicely.

And restitution are for those who were wronged, and no one anywhere ever claimed that attack was on us was right. And don't forget that "us" (D'Hara) included Baroness Jonsu at the time.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016: February 26, 2013, 04:57:27 AM »
I got restitution. Restitution is in a nice happy world for those who were wronged. But seldom will someone who wins pay restitution? No. Case in point, Germany post WWI had to pay restitution for the war. Because they lost. Heck, they didn't even start the war.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1017: February 26, 2013, 05:27:13 AM »
That may be, but the Germans definitely LOST the war. Not so with D'Hara. <Insert random Chruchill quote>

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018: February 26, 2013, 07:17:49 AM »
That may be, but the Germans definitely LOST the war. Not so with D'Hara. <Insert random Chruchill quote>

I'll break the war down for you like this:

Luria is Britian and wars Germany (D'hara) and Austria (LV). Austria gets destroyed and becomes part of Britian. Who won?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019: February 26, 2013, 07:44:33 AM »
Someday in the future, I'd love to see an accounting of all of this. Like a timeline of IC events coupled with their perception by various parties. I really do think this would be amazing. Because from the perspective of the decision makers in Luria, Hireshmont (and a few other factors, to be fair) is the only thing saving D'Hara from the Vesperi treatment.

:P

Look up "third party diplomacy."

Or ask yourself why you hire a realtor.

Sometimes, if you need something done right... you hire someone else to do it because you're way to emotionally invested and will just screw everything up for everyone.

And then NOBODY gets to kill the Vandals.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner