Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360851 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1020: February 26, 2013, 07:46:10 AM »
He is making deals on our behalf behind our back.

Emphasis on "on our behalf."

And "behind our back" is only because I've made damn sure you're facing towards Aurvandil. And you're gonna stay that way until I say otherwise, or else I swear, I will spam the Moot with polemic YET AGAIN. DON'T MAKE ME DO IT. ;)
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1021: February 26, 2013, 01:36:58 PM »
Emphasis on "on our behalf."

And "behind our back" is only because I've made damn sure you're facing towards Aurvandil. And you're gonna stay that way until I say otherwise, or else I swear, I will spam the Moot with polemic YET AGAIN. DON'T MAKE ME DO IT. ;)

Your character has a surprisingly high blood pressure threshold. Sometimes it amuses Rynn to see just how far Vellos can be pushed. But really, its Alice you should worry about. Rynn may be emotional, but at least he's not irrational.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022: February 26, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »
Your character has a surprisingly high blood pressure threshold. Sometimes it amuses Rynn to see just how far Vellos can be pushed. But really, its Alice you should worry about. Rynn may be emotional, but at least he's not irrational.

If Rynn thinks Alice is irrational, then it's highly unlikely that he'll ever be capable of constructive dialog with a Lurian. Alice is played pretty cool by Lurian standards. And, well, it doesn't help when one sovereign proposes to end a war by suggesting that another sovereign spread her legs for a little baby-makin'. Malus would've burned Dwilight to the ground just to get to Rynn. If Alice was making his life difficult as a result, I'd say that's fair. This is especially true considering the excellent personal storyline that Arundel has for Alice. Shocked the hell out of me when Malus learned about it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:48:02 PM by Solari »

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023: February 26, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »
If Rynn thinks Alice is irrational, then it's highly unlikely that he'll ever be capable of constructive dialog with a Lurian. Alice is played pretty cool by Lurian standards. And, well, it doesn't help when one sovereign proposes to end a war by suggesting that another sovereign spread her legs for a little baby-makin'. Malus would've burned Dwilight to the ground just to get to Rynn. If Alice was making his life difficult as a result, I'd say that's fair. ;)

Too bad nobody's trying to spread Malus' legs. :)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024: February 26, 2013, 01:48:27 PM »
Too bad nobody's trying to spread Malus' legs. :)

That you know of.  :-*

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025: February 26, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »

The Moot wasn't built by passion, young man. It was built by patience.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026: February 26, 2013, 10:33:55 PM »
The Moot wasn't built by passion, young man. It was built by patience.

And cooperation, and dialogue. Things that seem rather lacking these days.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027: February 27, 2013, 12:09:18 AM »
And cooperation, and dialogue. Things that seem rather lacking these days.

I won't claim to know everything that happens in the 'Moot, but it really seems to informed outsiders like a contest of ideologies between D'Haran interests and Terran interests. More specifically, the interests of Machiavel and Hireshmont. It should already be evident IC, so I'm not really spoiling anything by saying it here, but Luria could really give two !@#$s about D'Haran interests as represented by Machiavel (and Rynn, by extension). Terran has consistently demonstrated a capacity for reasoned discourse, free of paranoid delusion. Whatever its internal dysfunction, there has always been a cool, rational calculus to Lurian foreign policy (I will take this moment to once again compare Luria to Afghanistan). Maybe that's the reason for any lapse in communication within the 'Moot?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:27:10 AM by Solari »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028: February 27, 2013, 01:10:27 AM »
Machiavel has only had extremely limited contact with any lurian in quite some time, especially if you discard a few indirect messages in Swordfell. Last time I recall was about trade with Solaria, before the war.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029: February 27, 2013, 03:08:40 AM »
Machiavel has only had extremely limited contact with any lurian in quite some time

Let's keep it that way.

Hireshmont is a FANTASTIC carrier pigeon.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030: February 27, 2013, 03:11:19 AM »
Let's keep it that way.

Hireshmont is a FANTASTIC carrier pigeon.

Rarely have I seen a carrier pigeon write his own missives.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031: February 27, 2013, 03:20:26 AM »
Rarely have I seen a carrier pigeon write his own missives.

He's a very, VERY good pigeon.

He'll even rewrite YOUR missives, on your behalf!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032: February 27, 2013, 04:36:11 AM »
He's a very, VERY good pigeon.

He'll even rewrite YOUR missives, on your behalf!

In Imperial Luria, missives write you.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033: February 27, 2013, 06:22:31 AM »
I won't claim to know everything that happens in the 'Moot, but it really seems to informed outsiders like a contest of ideologies between D'Haran interests and Terran interests. More specifically, the interests of Machiavel and Hireshmont. It should already be evident IC, so I'm not really spoiling anything by saying it here, but Luria could really give two !@#$s about D'Haran interests as represented by Machiavel (and Rynn, by extension). Terran has consistently demonstrated a capacity for reasoned discourse, free of paranoid delusion. Whatever its internal dysfunction, there has always been a cool, rational calculus to Lurian foreign policy (I will take this moment to once again compare Luria to Afghanistan). Maybe that's the reason for any lapse in communication within the 'Moot?

Boom! Described it to a 'T'!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034: February 27, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
So you blabber on about a bunch of stuff (no offence) but what is it that is the reason you think for a lapse in communication within the 'Moot?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton