Author Topic: Luria  (Read 360977 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: Luria
« Reply #1035: February 27, 2013, 06:54:54 AM »
So you blabber on about a bunch of stuff (no offence) but what is it that is the reason you think for a lapse in communication within the 'Moot?

It's outside observation. Its a perception based on everything we've gathered. It generally appears, as Solari said, that Terran is one one page, Barca general goes along with them, and then D'hara is off in left field. Rynn does do things separately from the moot quite often from what we've seen.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036: February 27, 2013, 07:03:10 AM »
It's outside observation. Its a perception based on everything we've gathered. It generally appears, as Solari said, that Terran is one one page, Barca general goes along with them, and then D'hara is off in left field. Rynn does do things separately from the moot quite often from what we've seen.

*Hireshmont is seen somewhere grumbling about upstart kids who don't know their place*
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1037: February 27, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
*Hireshmont is seen somewhere grumbling about upstart kids who don't know their place*

*Rynn discards yet another letter from the overbearing father he never wanted*
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038: February 27, 2013, 04:59:45 PM »
So you blabber on about a bunch of stuff (no offence) but what is it that is the reason you think for a lapse in communication within the 'Moot?

Stabbity kind of answered this, but a direct request deserves a response! It's just a summary of IC observations. I've always found the dynamic between Luria, D'Hara, and their competing (and sometimes aligned) interests fascinating. The forum can be a good place to gather around the proverbial water cooler and talk about this stuff. Like commentary tracks on a DVD. That scene where Machiavel rides a horse into the Earl's keep and cuts off his head with a huge sword is awesome, but it's awesome on another level when you can listen to the Director's commentary about shooting the scene.  ;)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039: February 27, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »
Stabbity kind of answered this, but a direct request deserves a response! It's just a summary of IC observations. I've always found the dynamic between Luria, D'Hara, and their competing (and sometimes aligned) interests fascinating. The forum can be a good place to gather around the proverbial water cooler and talk about this stuff. Like commentary tracks on a DVD. That scene where Machiavel rides a horse into the Earl's keep and cuts off his head with a huge sword is awesome, but it's awesome on another level when you can listen to the Director's commentary about shooting the scene.  ;)

Dream sequence?
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040: February 28, 2013, 12:14:40 AM »
I don't remember cutting off any heads. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041: February 28, 2013, 07:41:07 AM »
Grrr...

So Rynn responded to one of Alice's messages and said more offensive things.

He really doesn't get the idea here does he...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #1042: February 28, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »
Grrr...

So Rynn responded to one of Alice's messages and said more offensive things.

He really doesn't get the idea here does he...

But daaaaaad! She started it!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043: April 06, 2013, 04:25:31 AM »
Does that mean we can finally start talking about Stormfell again? Aurvandil's just too damn far away. It's not that we can't do anything there, it's just more of a case of not being bothered. Fissoa seems all happy and safe for now. Which means, other than niceties like "Look kid, you're on your own now.", that war's pretty much over.

Or at least temporarily halted while LN gets rich. So god-damned rich and powerful that we'll have to find an easier war to fight, just so we're not the next target.

Ps. Do we play out illegitimate pregnancies in RT or by BM seasons?

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044: April 06, 2013, 04:30:31 AM »
There are many piles of rocks worth fighting over. Stormfell isn't one of them. Whoever convinced me to conquer them in the first place: I hate you. They were better as a perpetual rogue hunting preserve.

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045: April 06, 2013, 05:05:24 AM »
We've still got the hunting reserve in former LV. It's sort of like Aur vs LN. Can we be bothered taking those areas? Sha is all patriotic in the sense of "of course we should, everywhere in general range should be LN". But do we need them, do we even want them?

We just need to find somewhere decent to attack and, this is the important part, actually get anything out of.

Excuse my ignorance though, I thought Stormfell was what we were going to call D'hara. I really must have missed something there...........

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046: April 06, 2013, 05:30:53 AM »
The land formerly known as LV is Malus' future duchy.  :-[

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047: April 06, 2013, 05:40:42 AM »
But....... Sun Hall...... Lots and lots of Sun Hall. So much Sun Hall........ Do people even realize just how big the place is going to be by the end of this?

At least it works though (aside from incompetant countesses and home-defence Marshals. Thank god Sha doesn't have to do that any more. I actually had to do stuff and read stuff and be politely ignored continuously).

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048: April 06, 2013, 05:54:38 AM »
Anyway, regardless of how the duchies end up, at least Sha'shanti can always rely on the Divides and the arse-end of Morek to provide some decent hunting. I'm still very tempted to leave Flying Hongrns without a milita, just so there'll definitely be something to do. Or with just enough archers to whittle them a bit until she gets there. Or infantry.

I sort of don't want our northern frontier completely protected. The poor old Host will end up with nothing to do other than muck around in your new duchy or take half a week to travel south. Or more likely in this case, the reverse.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049: April 06, 2013, 10:17:12 AM »
There are many piles of rocks worth fighting over. Stormfell isn't one of them. Whoever convinced me to conquer them in the first place: I hate you. They were better as a perpetual rogue hunting preserve.

A. Swordfell, not Stormfell. Stormfell was the brilliant idea we had before the decay of Solaria. Swordfell is the cluster!@#$ that currently exists in the Divides and Flow peninsula.

B. I love you too Solari. Thanks for letting me take BR. ;)