Author Topic: Power, Hierarchy and Winning vs Losing (in a game environment)  (Read 5224 times)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I kicked around a game that drew a great deal of inspiration from Crusader Kings, and would feature a scenario similar to what I'd outlined, though lately I've been on a mobsters kick and figured it would also translate to the world of organised crime.  Each player is owns a racket.  But there's the organic hierarchy again.  Instead of letting one player be the Don, it seems to me to be much more fun to let it happen... but would it?

Seems to me that a few players would play right along. "You beat me fair and square.  Here's 10% of my take, and we're part of your organization. (and maybe will plot your demise later)"  But most would be stubborn, or quit, etc.

Unless its somehow made enticing.  There's zero "cool" in admitting defeat to someone and then giving up some of your income to them.  It'd have to be a pretty awesome game for me not to immediately reload a save, or just quit outright.  So the carrot system.  There'd have to be something in it for them...  but what's cool about being someone else's vassal? (everyone wants to be king)
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.