Author Topic: Colony Land Reform  (Read 25982 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Colony Land Reform
« Reply #15: May 24, 2012, 12:39:13 AM »
Put a stronghold in Drenga and split Ammersfield in two so the distance to Giblot is slightly longer :o

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 24, 2012, 02:25:10 AM »
Tom, good map. +1

That undead army of 5K or 10K CS will not stop Lukon, that much is for sure. How about that place being a new realm? It will bring much added spice to Colonies island 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

« Reply #17: May 24, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »
uh, what?

The phallic looking rural region between Helsera and Wirkfyr appears to be part of the east Steepglades region--I guess it's because of the perspective hiding the river, and the fact that river borders aren't drawn on the map.

And you REALLY should adjust the shape of that region. I'm not the only one seeing a mushroom, am I?

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 25, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
You are now on board a ship to the Colonies. It will take you a few turns to reach it. Once you arrive there, you will have an opportunity to choose the realm you want to join.

Giggity.  :D

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #19: May 25, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
You are now on board a ship to the Colonies. It will take you a few turns to reach it. Once you arrive there, you will have an opportunity to choose the realm you want to join.

Giggity.  :D

I have a feeling someone's going to be doing KRB in a certain region...

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 28, 2012, 02:43:14 AM »
Omg, she coming isn't she? The Evil Witch :P

Solari, which realm do you go? ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 28, 2012, 03:39:48 AM »
Omg, she coming isn't she? The Evil Witch :P

Solari, which realm do you go? ::)

Haven't arrived yet, and haven't decided. I am open to persuasion!

egamma

« Reply #22: May 28, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
Haven't arrived yet, and haven't decided. I am open to persuasion!

Go to Lukon, and split the realm with dessention and strife! You deserve to the Duke of Portion, and don't stop until the title's yours!

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 28, 2012, 11:43:42 PM »
Go to Lukon, and split the realm with dessention and strife! You deserve to the Duke of Portion, and don't stop until the title's yours!

Too late.  I've graced Oritolon with my presence.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 29, 2012, 02:03:50 AM »
Too late.  I've graced Oritolon with my presence.
Heh. And I offer you wine :P
Soon enough you will witness the internal politic there 8)

With regard to Colony Land reform, perhaps take into consideration the Travel Times as well? ???

egamma

« Reply #25: May 29, 2012, 06:52:58 PM »
Heh. And I offer you wine :P
Soon enough you will witness the internal politic there 8)

With regard to Colony Land reform, perhaps take into consideration the Travel Times as well? ???

travel times were cut 40% a while back, how much more do you think we should do? another 20%?

egamma

« Reply #26: May 29, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
Back on topic...

I think adding a townsland or stronghold to the map, particularly in the north-east, would be interesting.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 31, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »
Not strictly land reform, but a sea route between Warmanoras and Sovonoval would be good. That would inject a little more dynamism in the south. In the past when Alowca was an independent realm, it was boxed in. One way in and one way out. Once upon a time, Giblot was similar and the result was bridges in Briarull and Helsera to give more options and make things a little more dynamic. Could have the same down there. It would mean Alowca was less of a remote outpost to reach for hostile realms and if ever there is an independent Alowca again, you have potentially a much more viable realm. Maybe nothing will ever happen even with a sea route, but at least put in a little something to get mischievous minds wondering! ;-)

I like the sound of a stronghold in Drenga. It always was a notoriously hard region to keep hold of for Giblot. It's like it has its own independent spirit. It would also be nice to give Minas Thalion somewhere to latch on to ;-) Anything to maintain a little Colonies diversity. At the moment we are seriously looking at just three realms controlling all the cities on the Colonies. We're all in danger of becoming victims of our own success.

Just trying to figure out the new regions:

Arak Castle and The Arakir are merged.
Hulaferd splits in two.
Giblot splits in two.
Corali Forest/Nidalery splits in two. (Or they each had a bit carved off them for a new region. Either or.)
Steepglades splits in two. (At first I too thought the new region was split by a river but actually, it's fully connected by land and just misses the river. Seems like it makes it slightly longer to go round into the old Giblot heartlands and/or for armies marching out of Giblot to go and put the Assassins back down to three regions, hehe)

It actually does all look like a very interesting change. My only suggested change to the draft (other than the sea route!) is to split Adaria in two as well. Then you will have at least two regions distance between every city/stronghold on the continent. The distance between Lukon/Portion seems to be the only remaining anomaly on that count.

Edit: On further inspection, it looks harder to make a 'natural' geographical division in Adaria compared to all the other regions. Even so, that little bit just, just above Lukon over the river could be closed off as a small region and called the Glades of something or other. It looks vaguely flowery there anyway.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:23:52 PM by Revan »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 01, 2012, 11:30:46 AM »
1) Regarding Alowca City, it is one way in, one way out. Make it become two way perhaps? Like how Alebad City has South Gate and North Gate ways.

2) Travel time cut down 20%, add a couple more new regions to compensate for the travel time cut.

3) Put up a new realm at the Arakir with option to join new realm, given to all realms.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 01, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »
3) Put up a new realm at the Arakir with option to join new realm, given to all realms.

I'm not sure what you mean here?
After all it's a roleplaying game.