Author Topic: Prestige Value of Items from Alphas?  (Read 3463 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Prestige Value of Items from Alphas?
« Topic Start: May 23, 2012, 09:08:04 PM »
I just found my first item from an alpha monster, and it is quite different in terms of value to prior items that I have found from sages.

I'm interested in hearing what sort of prestige these items normally pop up with, so that I can get an idea of where mine fits in within the scale.

Cheers!

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Prestige Value of Items from Alphas?
« Reply #1: May 23, 2012, 10:03:55 PM »
I just found my first item from an alpha monster, and it is quite different in terms of value to prior items that I have found from sages.

I'm interested in hearing what sort of prestige these items normally pop up with, so that I can get an idea of where mine fits in within the scale.

Cheers!

From experience, between 1 and 5. I've found.... 7 I think? And roughly half were +3 or better. Granted, not a huge sample.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 24, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »
Interesting. The item that I just found has 8 prestige, and the highest item that I have ever owned was 9 prestige (after perhaps having it for a year and a half).

I had a feeling that it was quite out of the ordinary...and the name is quite decent also.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 24, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
That's quite new for a brand new item... maybe you found something someone else lost?

You may want to take a look at this:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/List_of_Unique_Items/Top_Ten_Prestige
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 24, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
The wiki page has seen several new items with very high prestige rating. I even purchased one. Such items are usually books from what I've observed. I think those are coming from that discussion about unique items we had few months ago.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 24, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »
That's quite new for a brand new item... maybe you found something someone else lost?

You may want to take a look at this:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/List_of_Unique_Items/Top_Ten_Prestige

Nope, was definitely a new item - didn't even have a page and was in good condition.

The wiki page has seen several new items with very high prestige rating. I even purchased one. Such items are usually books from what I've observed. I think those are coming from that discussion about unique items we had few months ago.

It was indeed a Book - I wonder what the special thing is about books?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 24, 2012, 09:42:31 PM »
They have ... writing!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 25, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
Nope, was definitely a new item - didn't even have a page and was in good condition.

Just because it didn't have a page doesn't mean it's a new item. You have to create a page for items yourself - it's not automatically done.

I always thought that items found with high prestige were old items that had been lost.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 25, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
Just because it didn't have a page doesn't mean it's a new item. You have to create a page for items yourself - it's not automatically done.

I always thought that items found with high prestige were old items that had been lost.

Granted, but it was my understanding that they were normally in poor condition (not sure why). I have found a couple of items by investigating a region, were middling in condition.

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: May 25, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »
Granted, but it was my understanding that they were normally in poor condition (not sure why). I have found a couple of items by investigating a region, were middling in condition.

Completely random I think. I got some items in excellent conditions while others not so much.