Author Topic: Are infil's invisible?  (Read 2968 times)

lolwuts

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Are infil's invisible?
« Topic Start: May 24, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
On my infil, I notice the option to listen to rumors to find infils, but does that mean that infil's are invisible on scout reports? Region details? Do lesser infil's have a higher chance of getting spotted on scout reports?

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Are infil's invisible?
« Reply #1: May 24, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »
Believe they once were, but is no longer the case.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 24, 2012, 12:48:07 PM »
Used to be; not anymore.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

egamma

« Reply #3: May 24, 2012, 02:30:46 PM »
Listen to rumors is still helpful to find out who in region is a threat and/or more interesting target.

lolwuts

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 24, 2012, 06:00:30 PM »
Well, given that they're no longer invisible, do infils get reduced chances to get captured from being in enemy territory without troops?

Otherwise it would seem impossible to work behind enemy lines as you'll get captured the second you step into enemy territory.

Also why was the invisibility removed?

egamma

« Reply #5: May 24, 2012, 06:10:28 PM »
Well, given that they're no longer invisible, do infils get reduced chances to get captured from being in enemy territory without troops?

Otherwise it would seem impossible to work behind enemy lines as you'll get captured the second you step into enemy territory.

Also why was the invisibility removed?

Yes, it's much harder for them to be captured.

Not sure why, I think technical reasons. Besides, if you sent a message to "everyone in region" or "all nobles in region", their name would show up on the list of recipients.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 24, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »

Of course not.

First of all, you don't need to tell them you're an infil.

Second of all, you don't have to go all by yourself.

Third of all, you don't get captured automatically. They need to be looking for you, and they may well miss you.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

egamma

« Reply #7: May 24, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »
Third of all, you don't get captured automatically. They need to be looking for you, and they may well miss you.

If a noble without unit travels in an enemy realm, there's is a chance of automatic capture, even if there are no enemy nobles in the region. I had it happen to me.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 24, 2012, 06:48:09 PM »
You can be captured by patrols if you don't have troops.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.