Author Topic: The War of the Hearth Right  (Read 68299 times)

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Hearth Right
« Reply #225: October 17, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
It was, though more so in P.O.Z then in Kindara. Just before the current war it was more a thing that could possibly happen then anything that was seriously being planned. Popular opinion was not as against GA then as it is now that Arella seems to have stopped listening to anything resembling reality. Either that or Galiard is just that convincing, and I have to admit, he is charismatic.

Arella's fatal flaw is justness of a cause. The longer a war like this drags on, the more she's going to regret choosing pragmatism over principles. Sooner it all ends, the sooner she'll let it go and move on.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: October 17, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »
Arella's fatal flaw is justness of a cause and Galiard is super-convincing and gave her a pony.

Fixed that for you.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: October 17, 2012, 09:59:32 PM »
Arella's fatal flaw is justness of a cause and Galiard is super-convincing and gave her a pony.

Ponies! We just knew there had to be something in it for her. This explains everything!

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: October 17, 2012, 11:21:55 PM »
Ponies do indeed explain everything.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: October 18, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »
Ponies do indeed explain everything.

So you're telling me that the Pony's hearth right was infringed upon, not Galiard's?

That does explain a lot.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: October 18, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »
Actually, back when Galiard got his first Ducal title in Lasanar (in Ossaet) he famously spent most of his money maintaining a stable of purebred, miniature ponies. So presumably he would still have some...

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: October 18, 2012, 03:55:44 AM »
There was no pony mentioned, I assure you. If it had, this war would have been over weeks ago.  :D

::edit- Actually, not even I'm arrogant enough to think that GA's military influence would've been enough to end things much faster.::

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: October 18, 2012, 05:13:47 AM »
Actually, I honestly think GA playing Switzerland may have been the most helpful thing to Zonasa/Kindara, due to how it shaped the front.  If they had actually joined on our side, they probably would have been overrun my Arcaea reasonably quickly.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: October 18, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
Arguable. It has protected Zonasa's lands from damage but at the same time limited the southern realms to only being able to reach three Cathayan regions before they have to attack a city, which they've not attempted.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #234: October 18, 2012, 05:23:59 AM »
Aye.  How much of GA may have been driven rogue too?

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: October 18, 2012, 06:04:32 AM »
Actually, I honestly think GA playing Switzerland may have been the most helpful thing to Zonasa/Kindara, due to how it shaped the front.  If they had actually joined on our side, they probably would have been overrun my Arcaea reasonably quickly.

OOC, it was definitely a consideration for me. Especially as poor as our military is, I saw ourselves being overrun in 1-2 weeks by Arcaea.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: October 18, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »
Cathay's military was in pretty sorry shape before the war just because most of it had not fought a war before.

They're not going to be forming any elite legions with late-turn moves or anything (partially because I can't be bothered) but we've had 100% moves the last few times it's been important. Make enough noise and eventually people figure out what's important!

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: October 18, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »

I think this about sums it up. Avoiding GA forced Northern alliance to move through Azros, Palanos, Haul, or lose 1/3 of the army to starvation through Leod/Edairn. Since GA's geography is almost completely indefensible, their neutrality likely was an advantage for us.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #238: October 18, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »
I feel that Sorraine has a very disciplined army.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: October 18, 2012, 07:51:36 PM »
Sure, but...where is it? I look at the Stats page and see Sorraine has 26,000+ CS, but I look at the scout reports and rarely see Sorraine with more than 6,000 - 8,000 of mobile CS in a region.