Author Topic: Adding an option to send reason with Tournament Announcement  (Read 3012 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
a.Title:Adding an option to send reason with Tournament Announcement
b.Summary: When a tournament is announced, there is an option to include the reason for holding the tournament.
c.Details: Tournaments are generally done for a reason with the last two on Dwilight being for the founding of the Lurian Empire and Brance being elected Regent in SA or something like that and it would be nice to know what the reason for the tournament is, especially for those who arrive at the last minute and aren't there for the roleplays being done about it. One example I can also think about it being good is in D'hara I believe there was talk of holding a tournament to commemorate the death of the Prime Minister and General which could make some who were hesitant to go be more willing for the reason behind the tournament. The length of the message sent with the announcement would be max of about 500 characters. Lastly including a reason would be optional.
d.Benefits: Adds roleplay.
e.Possible Exploits: Since it is merely a message add on I don't see any exploits.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
What do the devs think of this?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I don't know about anyone else, but I like it. I don't see any particular reason why it can't be done.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Get's a +1 here too.

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
This is beautiful. Perhaps the reason for the tournament could be seen first at the announcement, then as a reminder while at the tournament, kind of like "standing orders" while at the tourny and finally when the tournament is finished.

"A tournament in Keplerstan was held in honor of the coronation of King Kepler. 2 nobles from 2 realms participated etc."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
... as a reminder while at the tournament, kind of like "standing orders" while at the tourny ...
I would rather not. There really is no point to continually shoving it in everyone's face. I already dislike standing orders enough as it is, I would rather not see them while at tournaments, too. If for some reason it was decided that it is absolutely essential that it be available as a reminder, it can be put in a note at the top of the page on the Tournament tab.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

Removed off-topic posts.

Gustav Kuriga

thank you egamma.