Author Topic: The Demise of Fontan  (Read 15464 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Demise of Fontan
« Reply #30: May 28, 2012, 03:47:22 AM »
When I joined Fontan I was hopeful that we would be working to rebuild and retool the realm. Instead, everyone was burned out.

Sums it up pretty well. Those of us who knew what had to be done to rebuild the infrastructure just got on with the job but the rest of the realm went to pieces. Under Sangah and Lyzekiel we had months where there was no meaningful discussion in the MoD and no orders being issued to marshals so discipline evaporated. And neither had any grasp of geopolitics: we could easily have sent a small force of advisors north to aid Nivemus and speed their expansion: priests to quell dissent; diplomats to boost their popularity and heroes to tell a few tales. Instead we did nothing.

There was also good money to be had selling food to Ashforth which our traders ignored and the usual problems with monsters and undead along Sirion's southern borders that could have mended fences. I don't think it's coincidental that my characters are welcome in both realms as they seem to have been the only Fontanese who made an effort to visit either on anything like a regular basis or even to exchange pleasantries with their respective governments.