Author Topic: Public account  (Read 10874 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Public account
« Topic Start: May 29, 2012, 08:54:36 AM »
Does making your account public still give you an extra character slot?

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Public account
« Reply #1: May 29, 2012, 09:26:12 AM »
I believe so, yes.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Kmap

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 29, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »
Hi,
I made my profile public a while ago, but I haven't recieved the option of another character.
Do I have to wait for a certain time period till I get the option of creating a new character?

egamma

« Reply #3: May 29, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »
Hi,
I made my profile public a while ago, but I haven't recieved the option of another character.
Do I have to wait for a certain time period till I get the option of creating a new character?

I didn't when I made my information public. Of course, that was 2007/2008...

how long have you had your account? What is your fame?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: May 29, 2012, 07:25:20 PM »
I doubt making your account public makes any difference now.  Feel free to prove me wrong.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 29, 2012, 07:34:01 PM »
+1 for Foundation
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 29, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »
Oh, well it did when I joined in 2008. *shrug*
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 29, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »
Yeah, but the system changed now. My Public Info is still locked at yes for playing more then 2 characters though, so not entirely sure how it works now (Not that I want to make my info private, but still). Shooting in the dark, but perhaps it won't let you play your third character without making your info public once it's unlocked? I wouldn't know, honestly, and be good to get checked. It might just as well have no effect any more.

egamma

« Reply #8: May 29, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
http://battlemaster.org/useredit.php
Public Info?       yes (locked at yes as long as you play more than 2 characters)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 30, 2012, 03:26:49 AM »
Wasn't there a bug which caused the game not to "remember" that you changed your info to public in order to gain that extra slot? Or maybe I misunderstood what that bug was all about...

Also not sure if the new character limit considers this or not. I have no reason to believe it doesn't, however, save for the comments that precede mine that seem to believe otherwise.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 30, 2012, 07:17:46 AM »
http://battlemaster.org/useredit.php
Public Info?       yes (locked at yes as long as you play more than 2 characters)

I have seen people with three characters who do not have it revealed (due to the new character system I suspect - if they then revealed it, would they get the extra char and have it locked?).

It would be interesting to have someone test it and find out conclusively.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 30, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »
I have seen people with three characters who do not have it revealed (due to the new character system I suspect - if they then revealed it, would they get the extra char and have it locked?).

It would be interesting to have someone test it and find out conclusively.

I believe that's what Kmap did. He had three characters with his info private, made his info public, didn't get an extra character and now, I assume, he can't make his info private again if he wanted.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #12: May 30, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

« Reply #13: May 31, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »
Counter example: http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=33094

Making your information public gives you an additional slot--you can earn others in different ways. Perhaps there is a bug in changing your mind about it.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #14: May 31, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »
Are you sure it gives you an additional slot? ;)