Author Topic: Public account  (Read 10871 times)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Re: Public account
« Reply #15: May 31, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
Are you sure it gives you an additional slot? ;)

Unless it has been changed since the system was implemented, yes. And the wiki reflects that as well. If this is no longer true, then say so, and update the wiki. Don't play cat and mouse with something like this.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #16: May 31, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »
I'm asking because no one has said: "I tried this a few weeks ago, and it worked."  I want evidence, that is all, for I haven't looked up whether it's true or not.

What I do know for sure is that the old limit of you can only play 2 characters if you don't have a public account is no longer true, as demonstrated with my counter example.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

« Reply #17: May 31, 2012, 09:45:36 PM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/CharacterLimits

Doesn't mention the public info at all.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 05, 2012, 05:37:16 AM »
There's a player in Arcaea with four characters whose information is still private.

Kmap

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 07, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »
I apologise to everyone for not following.

Initially when I made my account (on 2011-11-18), I choose to keep my info private.
I made my first noble character, my profile was private and in the 'edit data' section I could stwich between a public profile and a private profile whenever I wanted.
Then I went on to make two more characters, one noble and one adventurer,  and my profile was still private, but in the 'edit data' section, It said displayed "(locked at yes as long as you play more than 2 characters)" but I was still allowed to choose a yes or a no.
When I made my profile public, by choosing a yes (as an answer to 'public info?'), the 'yes' got frozen, my account went public but I didn't get an additional character slot.

I believe the problem is that when someone has two or more characters, the user data must automatically lock 'public info?' at 'yes', rather than giving a choice, and I believe that when this happens, the game doesn't provide an additional character slot. A character slot I guess is provided only when someone chooses to make his profile public... I believe this is why I didn''t get a character slot. But I say, because of the bug, I did make the choice, I too choose to make my profile public, hence I think I deserve a character slot.  :D
Am I adviced to write a bug report on this? :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:09:32 AM by Kmap »

Zakilevo

« Reply #20: June 07, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
I apologise to everyone for not following.

Initially when I made my account (on 2011-11-18), I choose to keep my info private.
I made my first noble character, my profile was private and in the 'edit data' section I could stwich between a public profile and a private profile whenever I wanted.
Then I went on to make two more characters, one noble and one adventurer,  and my profile was still private, but in the 'edit data' section, It said displayed "(locked at yes as long as you play more than 2 characters)" but I was still allowed to choose a yes or a no.
When I made my profile public, by choosing a yes (as an answer to 'public info?'), the 'yes' got frozen, my account went public but I didn't get an additional character slot.

I believe the problem is that when someone has two or more characters, the user data must automatically lock 'public info?' at 'yes', rather than giving a choice, and I believe that when this happens, the game doesn't provide an additional character slot. A character slot I guess is provided only when someone chooses to make his profile public... I believe this is why I didn''t get a character slot. But I say, because of the bug, I did make the choice, I too choose to make my profile public, hence I think I deserve a character slot.  :D
Am I adviced to write a bug report on this? :)

You don't get an additional character slot. Your noble limit changes to three. The total number of characters you can have will increase when you reach 20 fame points.

If you want to unlock one character slot+additional noble limit, you can donate.

So in total, you can have 5 nobles and 5 characters active.

When you start: 3 character slots, 2 nobles and 1 adv
 -Public 'Yes': 3 character slots, 3 nobles
 -20 fame points: 4 character slots, 4 nobles
 -Donation: 5 character slots, 5 nobles

Kmap

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 07, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »
Thanks! :)
I forgot that there was a noble limit too. I guess in my previous post when I referred to an additional character slot, I meant a +1 to the noble limit. Thanks!

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #22: June 07, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »
Close but no cigar.  Since it's mostly been figured out already, to clear up the confusion, I've checked and this is what is actually happens.  Would be nice if someone modify the wiki to reflect this.

1. Everyone gets 3 active characters, 2 nobles, and 4 characters in total at the start.
2. If you have 5 or more fame, 1 more noble.  If you have 20 or more fame, 2 more nobles.
3. If you donate, 1 more active character, 1 more noble.
4. If you are a long time player (multiple years) and/or recognized by the community (medals), 1 more active character.
5. Depending on how long you've played, you get more characters in total, after a while it's 1 per year.
6. You always have as many or fewer nobles than your active character limit (forced).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:13:23 PM by Foundation »
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 07, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »
6. You always have fewer nobles than your active character limit.
That's not strictly true. Donors can have all noble characters.

"Your character limits are: 12 characters total, 5 active at the same time, 5 of those can be nobles"
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #24: June 07, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »
That's not strictly true. Donors can have all noble characters.

"Your character limits are: 12 characters total, 5 active at the same time, 5 of those can be nobles"

Fixed.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 08, 2012, 06:11:28 AM »
So if making your account public does nothing, is there any point to forcing accounts to stay public once someone chooses to make it public? Surely either accounts should have to be public after you have 2/3/whatever characters, or you should be able to make it public and private at will.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 08, 2012, 06:26:42 AM »
1. Everyone gets 2 active characters, 3 nobles, and 4 characters in total at the start.

Are you sure that's right? The Wiki states you start with 3 active characters and the active character slot for Medals and Long Term Players don't stack. Are you saying you start with 2 and those two things do stack?

Kmap

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 08, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
1. Everyone gets 2 active characters, 3 nobles, and 4 characters in total at the start.
I think I started with 3 active characters, of which 2 can be nobles, and 4 characters in all.
I think you swapped the 3 and 2... :D

Kmap

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 08, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »
And Also everyone, my noble limit has been increased!! :D

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #29: June 08, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
Velax is correct.  I mixed up the two.  Fixed.

Kmap, that is likely due to the length of time that you have played BM.