Author Topic: Sir or Lord or ??  (Read 16509 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Sir or Lord or ??
« Reply #15: May 29, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »
Also: equally interesting is the way you end a letter. I've always liked Vellos' "Pleasant days and pleasant nights" (or something? tried looking it up, but I don't have any letters left). I always find it rude not to have anything between the signature and the body of text, certainly for foreign rulers. I can't imagine they simply sent tweets to each other like that - certainly not on Dwi :) Though I have sinned against this principle myself.

(I think it's "Long Days and Pleasant Nights" and its actually from the Triunist faith... I actually haven't paid attention to if he has still been using it since he converted. But OOC I think its from some book series or something.)

I really enjoy the sign-offs aspect as well. It is perhaps one of the most dynamic parts of letter writing and can tell you a whole lot about someone.

"Respectfully," is always good for nobles above you and especially ones you do not know. "Yours," or "Respectfully Yours," for those close friends. And then I usually always try to come up with a standard sign-off for each of my characters.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:46:48 PM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)