Author Topic: Sirion vs Westmoor  (Read 50532 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: Sirion vs Westmoor
« Reply #90: August 09, 2012, 03:14:50 AM »
More like Westmoor runs away from fights now.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: August 09, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »
More like Westmoor runs away from fights now.

Oh, just now? I thought they only fought battles when Mommy came to help them. Didn't realize their cowardice was new.  :P

But no, it actually is a pretty good strategy considering the Westmoor army is vastly overwhelmed. No need to get your army killed when you don't have to have them killed, and no need to get your capital sacked from lack of defense. So they will just sit, and wait, and watch for a time to pick off some of the Sirion army. But it does suck for us with nothing better to do than wait for the next huge battle report.

Lady De La Coeur

« Reply #92: August 18, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
To be fair you have to be impressed by Westmoor, they haven't fallen into any of the traps set and have effectively maintained their economy while being targeted by a goliath. It's almost guerrilla warfare, they know the lands and terrain and just keep coming back it would seem.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: August 18, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
To be fair you have to be impressed by Westmoor, they haven't fallen into any of the traps set and have effectively maintained their economy while being targeted by a goliath. It's almost guerrilla warfare, they know the lands and terrain and just keep coming back it would seem.

Sirion made a rule that they would never attack a city(e.g. Oligarch) and actually haven't been doing as well so far as looting is concerned. From all friendly reports, enemy reports, and scout reports, I think it is fairly easy to say Webin is not a very good General though. Pity.

Lady De La Coeur

« Reply #94: August 18, 2012, 04:42:14 PM »
If this exposes weaknesses in the Sirion chain of command, then it is not good for Sirion at all

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: August 18, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »
If this exposes weaknesses in the Sirion chain of command, then it is not good for Sirion at all

Sirion has a long history of quickly kicking out bad Generals. He will probably stay until the next war, and then he will bungle a few times and a new General will be placed in his stead.

Lady De La Coeur

« Reply #96: August 18, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »
General has to be the hardest role, unless you win a lot.  But with a pool the size of Sirion's you would expect some cream to be rising to the top.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: August 18, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
General has to be the hardest role, unless you win a lot.  But with a pool the size of Sirion's you would expect some cream to be rising to the top.

Pressure makes diamonds. Few diamonds are made during peace.

General, Marshal, Ruler. They are all hard roles for different reasons. General because he is concerned with the overarching tactical plan of the realm and, in some realms, of putting orders in the hands of Marshals. Marshals because they have to get a bunch of people at the same place at the same time so the General's plan works. Ruler because they are concerned with the realms political affairs, which in some realms(especially on the EC, I find) their affairs are extensive.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: August 19, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
Sirion's weakness hmmm... Make a note to exploit that later.

Sadly its not in concern of reaching their capital
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: August 19, 2012, 11:17:03 PM »
Unless you have 90 k cs ur not getting any regions from sirion...
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: August 20, 2012, 12:02:27 AM »
Unless you have 90 k cs ur not getting any regions from sirion...

Not necessarily. Having spent literally years in Sirion, I know of a couple ways you could bring them down. It wouldn't be easy, but it could be done.

Zakilevo

« Reply #101: August 20, 2012, 12:25:52 AM »
lol 90k. You can smash any realm with an army that big. Allied armies of CE? They can't even stand in the way of the army of 90k CS. SA? won't stand a chance. All realms on EC? Smash them before they gather in one place.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: August 20, 2012, 12:30:49 AM »
lol 90k. You can smash any realm with an army that big. Allied armies of CE? They can't even stand in the way of the army of 90k CS. SA? won't stand a chance. All realms on EC? Smash them before they gather in one place.

Yup. And even in 5v1, I think Sirion only ever had to deal with as much as 45K maybe. I think we saw 50K gathered but never fought that much.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: August 20, 2012, 05:40:10 AM »
I don't think he meant literally 90k CS.

Anyway, I suggest taking a look at the EC history. Sirion's core has been breached once in the past seven years; when Fontan captured Avamar in 2008. Short of a civil war, its hard to see that feat being repeated.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: August 20, 2012, 06:25:02 AM »
I don't think he meant literally 90k CS.

Anyway, I suggest taking a look at the EC history. Sirion's core has been breached once in the past seven years; when Fontan captured Avamar in 2008. Short of a civil war, its hard to see that feat being repeated.

Well yeah, if you will only march on Trinbar, Sermbar, or Avamar like Fontan did, then of course it won't happen.