Author Topic: Pantheism  (Read 14466 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheism
« Reply #30: June 21, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »
By IC support I meant people were interested about the religion. Like joining it, building temples kind of.

Yea, well, that's kind of a piece of cake.

Unless you want to be the one that makes all of the conversions of nobles, the one that writes all of the religious texts, always the one that spreads (or attempts to) the faith to new realms, and even probably do all/most of the preaching to the masses.

Finding priests is easier than real contributors, but still aren't easy to get. It's no coincidence that most faiths only have 1 priest, and very very few have more than 3 (or even 2).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 21, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
Well its tough to get priests in Fissoa. Its just the beginning, it would (hopefully) gain momentum soon.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 21, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »
I wish you luck, my friend.

I'm prepared to do all the hard work for my religion. I have other nobles anyway so I can fight and aspire politically while maintaining my religious precepts and Priestly ways. :)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 21, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »
The more well-developed religions we have in the game, the better. I hope you can manage to develop a truly multi-realm, viable religion. One your other big challenges will be to convince people you aren't the usual realm-centric national religion.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 21, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »
I'd love to bring my religion to other realms/continents, but I don't know how well that'd be received in light of the usual socio-political power vacuums set in place by established religions. :P
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 21, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »
Yes, its everywhere like "x religion is from the realm we are warring. Boycott it" ! Only a religion that has a strong appeal /probably/ is free from that.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 21, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
That's a pretty dense mindset regarding religion.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 21, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »

Unfortunately it is what happens. I hear (OoC) that is a reason for AP not to spread in Fissoa. I hope Cren gets better luck.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 21, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
Unfortunately it is what happens. I hear (OoC) that is a reason for AP not to spread in Fissoa. I hope Cren gets better luck.

No religion has been told they cannot come to Fissoa as far as I am aware. A variety of priests have come through they have just failed to convince many people that they are the true faith.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 21, 2012, 09:06:59 PM »
No religion has been told they cannot come to Fissoa as far as I am aware. A variety of priests have come through they have just failed to convince many people that they are the true faith.

I mean the "x religion is from the realm we are warring. Boycott it", not that it is not formally well received. It was just an OoC comment I received anyway.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 23, 2012, 06:32:42 AM »
The issue is many were religions were and some are a blank god is almighty and the only god. Any actions helping blank realm is glorifying the god. So it would be that the religion is against any realms warring the realm their god favors and thus you would want to boycott it since the priests would likely use it as a weapon against the realm. It would be a dense mindset if it hadn't and wasn't like that so often. One interesting thing is though I know of a religion like that, that has 2 priests and has recently had a member of the faith but also a realm other than the one the god praises, build a temple in his region.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 23, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »
One interesting thing is though I know of a religion like that, that has 2 priests and has recently had a member of the faith but also a realm other than the one the god praises, build a temple in his region.

Hmm, what religion might that be? ???

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 23, 2012, 08:06:58 AM »
Evgenism, I can't say there is much religious chat but the religion is not dead.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 23, 2012, 11:57:20 AM »
I remember when the Carelians razed a temple in Matakonis, many Suvillians went to the verge of destroying all Evgenism temples in the neighbouring Carelian territories. It proves religion is everywhere considered a propaganda for a particular realm.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 23, 2012, 03:25:31 PM »
It is hard to get out of the religion=realm mindset. Most, if not all, of the early formal religions in the game were state religions designed for no other purpose than to keep out foreign (e.g. hostile) religions. Some religions are used specifically to support the state (Flow of the Balance, the various Alluran incarnations, early Church of Humanity, etc.) And this is excluding the theocracies. And when you see a priest using their religion specifically to help their realm in a non-religious war, it solidifies the religion=realm concept.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.