Author Topic: Dukes without estate unable to join an army?  (Read 4385 times)

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Dukes without estate unable to join an army?
« Topic Start: June 12, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
Is it way as intended or is it a bug that a duke who does not have an estate is unable to join any of the realm's armies? I simply can't find the option for it any longer anywhere in the game menu.

Oh, something that should maybe be mentioned about the situation as well: For some reason, one of the lords of my duchy is shown as my character's liege in the "Hierarchy" part of the list of who I can send messages to. Is this a bug?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:08:23 PM by Andira »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Is it way as intended or is it a bug that a duke who does not have an estate is unable to join any of the realm's armies? I simply can't find the option for it any longer anywhere in the game menu.
This is a known issue. It will be addressed eventually. The exact mechanism for Dukes/Rulers to join armies is still not yet determined.

Oh, something that should maybe be mentioned about the situation as well: For some reason, one of the lords of my duchy is shown as my character's liege in the "Hierarchy" part of the list of who I can send messages to. Is this a bug?
Yes.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the fast reply, Indirik.

Should I create a report on the bug tracker about the liege issue or is that part of the already known issue?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You'll have to search for it. There may be a report, or something related to it.

Has it been like this for a while? The cleanup script is supposed to take care of stuff like that.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's been like that a while. My ruler character had an estate when the big update came to stable, and when the code fixed up stuff like rulers having estates, my "liege" still appeared on the Message tab. It still does now, even though the old lord of that region stepped down and a new one was appointed.

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Okay, I have created a report on the bug tracker now for the liege issue.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
well the liege bit...... last i heard (which was before the update), the messaging system is still using the old hierarchy system and hasn't transferred to doctrine yet.

which accounted for strange recipient lists.

haven't seen anything to suggest the migration is done yet.
firefox

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
I have a similar problem, only mine is that I don't have an estate due to the fact that I am not a lord of a region in the duchy in which I am the duke of. There are plenty of estates available for knights to hold, but none for the duke...

Is this also known?
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
This is 100% intentional. You in order for a duke to hold an estate, they must be region lord. Otherwise the duke would be a vassal to one of his own vassals.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Then I must ask how on earth a duke is supposed to be assigned to an army then if they don't have a superior and they themselves can't do it?
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Then I must ask how on earth a duke is supposed to be assigned to an army then if they don't have a superior and they themselves can't do it?

You have now come full circle. Please return to the beginning of the thread and start again! ;D

(Or, to actually answer your question: It's not intentional, it's high up on our list, we just haven't gotten to it yet.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
You have now come full circle. Please return to the beginning of the thread and start again! ;D

(Or, to actually answer your question: It's not intentional, it's high up on our list, we just haven't gotten to it yet.)

I'm glad it is. It's very sad that my ruler cannot join on army on BT. I've been doing police work and fending of rogues all by my lonesome. :'(