Author Topic: War please.  (Read 85094 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #30: June 16, 2012, 11:06:46 AM »
With nobles like Halleria who needs enemies.

Im not being a sore loser? im being attacked by 4 realms I considered friends up until a while ago. I considered the prophet my friend. I was an elder in the church for a time. Aurvandiil is the only way to stop Allison from taking over the church. The prophet has shown he is irrelevant. He has bowed to every snub that Allison has given him. Its over, its done. The church is infected by evil.

You guys have been hunting me since Virovene.

You considered them friends and yet they have been hunting you since Virovene? What?

I did warn you, IC and OOC, that attacking Kabrinskia would have massive (SA) repercussions. It's nice to see you cast blame on everyone but yourself.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 16, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
With nobles like Halleria who needs enemies.

Im not being a sore loser? im being attacked by 4 realms I considered friends up until a while ago. I considered the prophet my friend. I was an elder in the church for a time. Aurvandiil is the only way to stop Allison from taking over the church. The prophet has shown he is irrelevant. He has bowed to every snub that Allison has given him. Its over, its done. The church is infected by evil.

You guys have been hunting me since Virovene.

I'm afraid you have quite an inflated sense of self-importance. Asylon is nothing in the wider scheme of things. It's a realm with a few temples and a handful of followers, with half it's regions run by the remnants of hated Caerwyn. The only character of Church-wide importance is Glaumring, who was/is already regarded as raving mad, and who has a history of switching between rabidly pro-Allison to rabidly anti-Allison whenever it suites his purposes.

At the end of the day, whether Asylon falls or not is irrelevant to the wider controversies within the Church. Mathurin and other anti-Allison types have nothing to gain from defending Asylon, especially when your justification for the war boiled down to "we want this region" and the only claims you have to back it up are Caerwynian claims, which for obvious reasons no one in SA is going to recognize.

I'm sorry but Asylon is really nothing more or less than yet another realm that bit off more than it could chew. There is no church-wide conspiracy and Allison has not "taken over", you just very very badly misread the diplomatic situation.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 16, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
There are only 3 or 4 nobles from Caerwyn in Asylon. Hardly half. Most of Asylon is new nobles.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 16, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »
I'm afraid you have quite an inflated sense of self-importance. Asylon is nothing in the wider scheme of things. It's a realm with a few temples and a handful of followers, with half it's regions run by the remnants of hated Caerwyn. The only character of Church-wide importance is Glaumring, who was/is already regarded as raving mad, and who has a history of switching between rabidly pro-Allison to rabidly anti-Allison whenever it suites his purposes.

At the end of the day, whether Asylon falls or not is irrelevant to the wider controversies within the Church. Mathurin and other anti-Allison types have nothing to gain from defending Asylon, especially when your justification for the war boiled down to "we want this region" and the only claims you have to back it up are Caerwynian claims, which for obvious reasons no one in SA is going to recognize.

I'm sorry but Asylon is really nothing more or less than yet another realm that bit off more than it could chew. There is no church-wide conspiracy and Allison has not "taken over", you just very very badly misread the diplomatic situation.

Touche touche. I am only as important as those who need my support. Asylon attacked Kabrinskia because we perceived the Daimons were going to enter the war on Kabrinskias side. We decided we would damage their economy and food production.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 16, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »
There are only 3 or 4 nobles from Caerwyn in Asylon. Hardly half. Most of Asylon is new nobles.

ah, my bad then- I assumed that many would have stayed in their regions.

Touche touche. I am only as important as those who need my support. Asylon attacked Kabrinskia because we perceived the Daimons were going to enter the war on Kabrinskias side. We decided we would damage their economy and food production.

The thing is that this is not the impression most characters would have got from the letters sent in game. Most of them were concerned with regions and the daimons were already leaving at that point. So while you might see it as a preemptive strike in the face of a daimon invasion, most others in game saw it as a land grab hence why you got the reaction you did from other realms.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 16, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
It also does not reflect the IG claims for why Asylon started the war, nor is it supported by the IG actions taken by Asylon at the start of the war. But whatever...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 16, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
All I'm saying is that you don't appear to have even considered the other consequences of allying with Aurvandil beyond the slim possibility that their big shiny army might bail you out of the hole you're digging yourself into. It's that kind of planning that got you into this position in the first place.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 16, 2012, 04:44:28 PM »
We arent digging any hole. I have diplomats out trying to make peace and communicate. Kabrinskia wants Itau and Astrum took Waleshire. The only land grabs have been your own realms. It has been stated to me even before this war that Allison wanted Itau. Its always been a sore spot  for you guys. Asylon has renounced claims to Mech Alb and ceased takeovers. We are not in Astrum lands attacking, we only attack Kabrinskia, yet everything we do is ignored as the full thumb screws pf destroying our realm like Thulsoma/Averoth or Caerwyn. Its funny how quickly Asylon has been convienently turned into the newest pariah state.

You are welcome to try to get Itau... It wont happen. Asylon will be a quagmire. A diversion that will one day turn your own people against you.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 16, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »
Asylon will be a quagmire.

*Has a flashback to the Iraqi minister of information before the American invasion*

*spasms*

STAY AWAY FROM ASYLIRAQ!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 16, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
"There are no Asylonian regions under attack!"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 16, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »
*Has a flashback to the Iraqi minister of information before the American invasion*

*spasms*

STAY AWAY FROM ASYLIRAQ!

10 years of Mission Accomplished...

egamma

« Reply #41: June 16, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »
10 years of Mission Accomplished...

Off-topic warning.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 16, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »
Oh so its ok for them to mention Iraq but when I do it its bad.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 16, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »
There is no church-wide conspiracy and Allison has not "taken over", you just very very badly misread the diplomatic situation.

If this is true, then...

attacking Kabrinskia would have massive (SA) repercussions.

...why is this so?

Just curious.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 16, 2012, 07:35:07 PM »
Glaumring mishandled the SA card very, very badly. Instead of isolating Kabrinskia, he gave the SA a common enemy to deal with - himself. He's taking down Asylon with him.

Kabrinskia will take Itau. Major Reasons Why This Will Happen:

1) A quarter of the Asylonian army is south dealing with monsters.
2) Another quarter of the army is/was sitting in Elets. They just got clobbered.
3) The last half of the army is either sitting around Via or in their own regions tending to administrative stuff.
4) Three regions - Kybcyell, Uppervia, and Itaufield - are open to attack. If they are taken, Asylon is cut in two/three.
5) Glaumring isn't doing himself any favors by calling the Auravandil/clan card or by being stubborn.