Author Topic: War please.  (Read 85170 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #285: July 04, 2012, 06:00:10 AM »
i definitely would not want to play monopoly or risk with these aurvandil fellows

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: July 04, 2012, 06:04:57 AM »
i definitely would not want to play monopoly or risk with these aurvandil fellows

"Double sixes again! Cmon guys, why so sad? Y'all can roll 12's everytime as well, you're just not getting it."
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: July 04, 2012, 06:09:23 AM »
"Double sixes again! Cmon guys, why so sad? Y'all can roll 12's everytime as well, you're just not getting it."

Ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahhaahaha

Ahahahahahahahahhahaaha

Funniest thing I've read on these forums in a while.  ;D
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: July 04, 2012, 06:14:23 AM »
Ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahhaahaha

Ahahahahahahahahhahaaha

Funniest thing I've read on these forums in a while.  ;D
+1
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #289: July 04, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
Epic 66
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: July 04, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »

We'll just play without you then! :(

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: July 04, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »
"Ok, so what were they the fifth time then?
I offered to be merciful, but not unconditional, this was after Tower Fatmilak had fell."

I'll make a translation from Aurvandil-language to human-language:  ;D

Aurvandil's conditions:
You are PIRATES, not noblemen, and you will be treated as such, as vulgar commoners. You must surrender, and put yourselves, your titles and your lifes at Mendicant mercy. He will take them or respect them as he pleases. You can chose this, or be destroyed!  8)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: July 04, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »
"Ok, so what were they the fifth time then?
I offered to be merciful, but not unconditional, this was after Tower Fatmilak had fell."

I'll make a translation from Aurvandil-language to human-language:  ;D

Aurvandil's conditions:
You are PIRATES, not noblemen, and you will be treated as such, as vulgar commoners. You must surrender, and put yourselves, your titles and your lifes at Mendicant mercy. He will take them or respect them as he pleases. You can chose this, or be destroyed!  8)

Actually the "We will not negotiate with pirates" thing was while Madina were sacking candiels, we still offered you the high sovereigns mercy, which is less disturbing then you seem to think it would have been.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: July 04, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
Madina sacked Candiels? and I didn't saw it!  :'(

I only saw a disastrous attack to Candiels, and then, the fall of tower fatmilak and the big genocide of Madina City.
About the Mendicant 'mercy', If you let someone to put a sword in your throat, to see how merciful he can be... good for you, but for me... no Thanks!  :P

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: July 04, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
Actually the "We will not negotiate with pirates" thing was while Madina were sacking candiels, we still offered you the high sovereigns mercy, which is less disturbing then you seem to think it would have been.
The thing is if they are winning since they are sacking your city it seems more like you want peace because you are losing and not because you are so merciful. I wasn't there so I can't say thats exactly what happened but its what it sounds like.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: July 04, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
Madina sacked Candiels? and I didn't saw it!  :'(

I only saw a disastrous attack to Candiels, and then, the fall of tower fatmilak and the big genocide of Madina City.
About the Mendicant 'mercy', If you let someone to put a sword in your throat, to see how merciful he can be... good for you, but for me... no Thanks!  :P

You very briefly got a little looting and sent out a sortie into Aurvandil lands.

I think the mercy is some chivalry / honour metaphor crap or something and not just putting your dick in a vise and hoping mendicant doesn't twist the handle.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: July 04, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
The Royal Prerogative of mercy is a matter of honour.

An enemy who lays down his arms is the same as a noble who can no longer raise his sword, it would not be honourable to continue the fight against them.

Not just a case of, as DamnTaffer says, putting your dick in Mendicant's vice and hoping he doesn't twist.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: July 04, 2012, 08:14:58 PM »
What is the difference?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: July 04, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »
The Royal Prerogative of mercy is a matter of honour.

An enemy who lays down his arms is the same as a noble who can no longer raise his sword, it would not be honourable to continue the fight against them.

Not just a case of, as DamnTaffer says, putting your dick in Mendicant's vice and hoping he doesn't twist.

And Mendicant would never demand harsh or intolerable terms.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #299: July 04, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
And Mendicant would never demand harsh or intolerable terms.

Harsh is a very subjective term, and intolerable varies quite a lot per person.

But Mendicant would never demand anything the other person cannot reasonably do, stand, or deserves to have demanded of them.