Author Topic: Arcaean Empire  (Read 33618 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Arcaean Empire
« Topic Start: June 19, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
King Velax has announced to his court that he wants to fulfill the ambitions of Jenred and create a new Arcaean Empire.

Any thoughts from people?

Zakilevo

Re: Arcaean Empire
« Reply #1: June 19, 2012, 10:09:51 PM »
Arcaean Empire? Is he going to proclaim himself as the emperor?

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 19, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
I believe so.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 19, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »
Oh, this will be fun.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 19, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »
And thus begins the long wars to consolidate the island under the Imperial Arcaean banner.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: June 20, 2012, 12:48:58 AM »
time to start paying tributes!

500 gold a week from every realm bordering the empire!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 21, 2012, 06:56:54 AM »
The hell he has done a what now?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 21, 2012, 05:14:40 PM »
This is good, because then Lokenth will be able to say that as a lowly freeman he hobnobbed with lords and generals and kings AND an emperor. Even if they were actually all the same guy, it still counts.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 22, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
Sorraine is joining? Yes... maybe... depends. Probably. As long as we get Topenah :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 23, 2012, 07:13:02 AM »
To clarify: If Velax used the words "Arcaean Empire" whenever I manage to unpause Jenred will shank him.  He was an infiltrator, you know.  If he's just implementing the Lands of the Noca plans, that's excellent.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 23, 2012, 07:23:45 AM »
There is something very wrong with a realm that punishes rapist nobles. Talk 'bout a screwed up realm, huh? ;D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 23, 2012, 07:45:13 AM »
There is something very wrong with a realm that punishes rapist nobles. Talk 'bout a screwed up realm, huh? ;D

...Beg pardon?  I have no idea what this is referring to.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 23, 2012, 08:58:33 AM »

What exactly did you expect? Velax mentioned Arcachon nobles raped peasants, Arnaud said he hopes he can rape some peasants soon and Velax replied that any noble doing so will be banned. In response, Arnaud decides to rape some peasants immediately, and then when Velax issues the punishment, Arnaud decides to not only ignore it, but insist that Velax publicly state that Arnaud was right and did nothing wrong. Seriously? An instant ban should have been the punishment, but I tried to give Arnaud a second chance because he's an active noble and RPs more than most, but he threw it back in Velax's face.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 23, 2012, 08:59:57 AM »
That's considerably more leniency than Jenred, Dentara, and if I recall correctly Riar would have given.  I don't think rape has been legal in Arcaea since Trinity, and even that that was only in a time of war against enemies.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 23, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
What exactly did you expect? Velax mentioned Arcachon nobles raped peasants...

No, he said members of Ohnarian council raped peasants. Untrue, but whatever.  ::)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell