Author Topic: Arcaean Empire  (Read 33634 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Arcaean Empire
« Reply #15: June 23, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
Different conversation, Lefanis. And what Velax said to Me'hoe was that most of the Ohnarian Council engaged in and ordered similar barbaric actions while in Arcachon. The Ohnarian Banker even did so before he joined Arcachon, as a member of a realm allied to Arcaea, so bonus points there.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 24, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
Here is the complete story: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/D%27Arricarr%C3%A8re_Family/Arnaud#Roleplays

What exactly did you expect?

Nothing really, as you can well see he is a comic-relief-character. It's all IC fun, don't worry. And my previous post in this thread was me just kidding. :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #17: June 25, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »
I love comic relief characters. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 27, 2012, 05:53:25 PM »
Just unpaused Callandor II again. Who wants another war? ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 27, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
Just unpaused Callandor II again. Who wants another war? ::)
Yes please.  All the ones I keep trying to start keep not happening.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 27, 2012, 11:32:33 PM »
Yes please.  All the ones I keep trying to start keep not happening.

...Right. Because Morgan is totally raring for war, and doing everything he can do to get all his nobles involved in it.

He's completely not being silent, telling his realm nothing, and occasionally saying, "Hey, we'll have a war in a few days!" then "Oops, no, guess not. No war for us."
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 28, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
Just because you are not privy to discussions does not mean they are not happening.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 28, 2012, 12:18:28 AM »
Just because you are not privy to discussions does not mean they are not happening.

Which is 90% of Zonasa's problem: Nobody knows what you're discussing.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 28, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »
Kindara would be on board, I'm sure. Being blocked into the south makes things a little frustrating if someone above us isnt ready to go though.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 28, 2012, 01:22:21 AM »
Why do you have to wait for them to be ready? Neighbors are made for attacking. If. They won't help you attack, then attack them until they are!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 28, 2012, 02:40:15 AM »
Rejoined OW just in time for elections. I wonder how Sorraine will react when they find out the old duke has rejoined the realm council. That is, if I am elected.

If not, the least I can do is take over Ambassador status again and engage in talks with Kindara, PoZ, and GA.

But back on topic of the Arcaean Empire.. I'm drawing a blank here.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 28, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
Rejoined OW just in time for elections. I wonder how Sorraine will react when they find out the old duke has rejoined the realm council. That is, if I am elected.

If not, the least I can do is take over Ambassador status again and engage in talks with Kindara, PoZ, and GA.

But back on topic of the Arcaean Empire.. I'm drawing a blank here.

Sorraine isn't Toupellon. We could care less about the old duke joining the council. In fact, we expected something of that fashion since OW is a bunch of scoundrels and liars.

Your second statement, I think, is trying to provoke fear? They abandoned OW once before, now there is little they can do - especially when the colony forms. The amount of horror I have as a reaction is expressed by the following smiley. -_______-

Arcaea is trying to form an Empire. Its inevitable, as the Dark Isle will be given to Azgath in order to create Coralynth; a Kingdom under Arcaea. However, Velax is also seeking to acquire Sorraine, which was going well until... well about a dozen minutes ago. Selene wants Jenred's idea for an Empire, granting all rulers a chance to become Emperor (after Velax). Bending a knee to a heathen is serious business, and only Velax would deserve that respect for he too is tremendously honorable and noble (a sartanian at heart, in Caspius' eyes.) His successors will not be him, evidently, while also being heathens. This creates a dramatic concern for the Church, Selene, and Caspius.

Caspius adheres to his faith, to his High Priestess in such matters, and will not accept the Empire any longer unless some kind of option presents itself.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 28, 2012, 12:18:01 PM »
Keep negotiating. It's not completely out of the question.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 28, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »
Keep negotiating. It's not completely out of the question.

Norrel put it a good way. "Velax is a politican, Caspius is a rock."
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 28, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
Hah, Velax would find that highly insulting. He thinks of himself as a warrior, rather than a politician. :P