Author Topic: Arcaean Empire  (Read 33307 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Arcaean Empire
« Reply #30: June 28, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »
Sorraine isn't Toupellon. We could care less about the old duke joining the council. In fact, we expected something of that fashion since OW is a bunch of scoundrels and liars.

Your second statement, I think, is trying to provoke fear? They abandoned OW once before, now there is little they can do - especially when the colony forms. The amount of horror I have as a reaction is expressed by the following smiley. -_______-

Arcaea is trying to form an Empire. Its inevitable, as the Dark Isle will be given to Azgath in order to create Coralynth; a Kingdom under Arcaea. However, Velax is also seeking to acquire Sorraine, which was going well until... well about a dozen minutes ago. Selene wants Jenred's idea for an Empire, granting all rulers a chance to become Emperor (after Velax). Bending a knee to a heathen is serious business, and only Velax would deserve that respect for he too is tremendously honorable and noble (a sartanian at heart, in Caspius' eyes.) His successors will not be him, evidently, while also being heathens. This creates a dramatic concern for the Church, Selene, and Caspius.

Caspius adheres to his faith, to his High Priestess in such matters, and will not accept the Empire any longer unless some kind of option presents itself.

Sorraine isn't Toupellon, just made up of majority of those nobles. I'm glad to hear they won't be mad at my return, it makes my life and OW's a whole helluva lot easier.

The second statement wasn't to invoke fear, it was just to make conversation. I doubt OW could invoke fear into anyone but the rogues these days, haha! As I said, I want to spice things up on the island and especially in OW. The forum chat is all ideas in OOC, most of what I say doesn't come to pass.

As for this new colony, I'm kind of happy. FEI honestly needs more realms, even if they are part of the Arcaean Empire. I do love how Selene manages to make most everything harder to achieve in some way or fashion.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 28, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »
Some of us may still use the opportunity to cause trouble. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 28, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
At times I wish someone would delegate to the ambassadors and let them handle the negotiations. IMO Selene combines the right combination of experience, stubborness and pragmatism to get a deal done quickly :p

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 29, 2012, 06:22:24 AM »
At times I wish someone would delegate to the ambassadors and let them handle the negotiations. IMO Selene combines the right combination of experience, stubborness and pragmatism to get a deal done quickly :p

Unfortunately for you, Selene is going to be replaced soon enough. Remember that Jatha was to be appointed the position.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Zakilevo

« Reply #34: June 29, 2012, 06:32:29 AM »
Maybe Jatha will remove the ban on Duregal ;)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 29, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »
Maybe Jatha will remove the ban on Duregal ;)

Jatha's not the judge :P.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 29, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »
Selene is the judge. And she only unwields the banhammer if she's asked very, very nicely :p

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #37: June 29, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
Or your name is Arnaud...

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 29, 2012, 03:52:40 PM »
Or your name is Arnaud...

The only legitimate Lord of Topenah!
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #39: June 29, 2012, 05:51:26 PM »
I'm so confused by this thread.  Are we still talking about Arcaea?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #40: June 29, 2012, 05:56:06 PM »
Arnaud was originally from Arcaea... so yes.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 30, 2012, 07:21:49 AM »
Sorraine is a potential member of the Empire. We are assuming direct control of this thread.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 04, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
Interesting development in negotiations! Caspius, and the Church of Sartan, will not accept the Emperor (Empress) to always be the King (Queen) of Arcaea. Caspius demanded instead that a duel of champions or Kings decide the Emperor, for it would grant all three Kingdoms a chance to the throne. (What kind of Zealot bends the knee to a heathen willingly.... except for Velax of course :P

In a counter-offer, Velax proposed war games to decide the winner. Me likes this  ;D.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 04, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
To clarify: If Velax used the words "Arcaean Empire" whenever I manage to unpause Jenred will shank him.  He was an infiltrator, you know.  If he's just implementing the Lands of the Noca plans, that's excellent.

Weeeeeell, it's going to be a little bit of column A, and a little bit of column B...

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 04, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »
Weeeeeell, it's going to be a little bit of column A, and a little bit of column B...

So I've gathered, although the war games sounds like moving back toward Jenred's original plan.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"