Author Topic: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)  (Read 19234 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)
« Topic Start: June 20, 2012, 05:55:55 PM »
That alphabet actually resembles English in a very discernible way once you stop to look. I wanted the Simplified Arkhan'a to be pretty easy to 'understand', though you wouldn't know what it says unless you know the meaning of the words they spell.

For example, that image at the bottom says, in classic English form and grammar for simplicity, "Daan Kaanter eht Arkhana", meaning "The Language of Arkhan'a"

Daan is The, Kaanter comes from 'Cant' or 'Prison cant', a secret or cryptic code used between members of an organization, eht is of (I went for the classic Latin reference because !@#$-yeah Latin!), and Arkhan'a is pretty self explanatory.

Arkhan'a actually means "The People of the Sacred Origin", a big joke really. Arkh is Origin (Noah's Ark anyone? I'm not Christian and honestly despise Christian myth but I put that in there to honor my Christian ancestors), arKHAN is Sacred/Great/Blessed Origin (from Khan, of course), and the ( 'a ) suffix means "the people of/belong to" in Arkhan'a grammar.

Its really difficult to read and pronounce Arkhan'a. >_> I used to be able to read it fluently in complex script, which is backwards and written vertically from top right to left, and read from left-to-right while each individual word is read right-to-left, and the pronunciation is some weird-ass mix of Italian, German, Arabic, and Brazilian Portuguese.

I'm actually quite glad I had to remake Arkhan'a simplified, it was dense as all hell since I made it as an indecipherable code rather than a coherent language.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.