Author Topic: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)  (Read 18927 times)

Zakilevo

Re: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)
« Reply #15: June 20, 2012, 07:38:26 PM »
The quote in your sig is absolutely awesome, love it!

George Carlin, now dead, was an awesome guy. Should watch some of his videos :)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 21, 2012, 07:24:10 PM »
Going out to lunch, then I'll be shooting over some more info on my religion. I'm going to just throw together some basics based on what information I have and remember. If anyone has any suggestions, they'd be greatly appreciated.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 21, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
Suggestion: post it on the wiki. Much easier for reading and reference.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 27, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
Just throwing this out here: I love what you have here and would be interested in helping in any way I can. Just in case it helps, I'm a creative writing student who wanted to be a theologian when I was a kid and I've always loved interesting religions.

If there's anyway I can help, let me know.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 28, 2012, 03:38:08 AM »
Sweet! I never was much for theology, though my cousin and I have been obsessed with pagan mythology since we could speak and read. =) I could definitely use your support! Also, if you're willing, you could always join me in Belluaterra. I JUST arrived in Riombara :D
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 01, 2012, 12:07:14 AM »
Eh, it was better when I actually had my material. I barely remember anything about it anymore. I created my own language as a kid based on a hybrid of backward interchanging Portuguese and English because I used to get beat up and people would steal my writing/copy my work. After I heard about Leonardo Davinci's inverted Italian I decided to do the same. Later I ended up hybridizing it with Latin, Greek, Italian, French, Japanese and other languages, and eventually just invented my own words, letters, and grammatical style. I lost all of that too when my notes were stolen, but I've slowly re-invented the language in a much simpler form that's easier for most folks to understand. Let me upload the little codex I wrote with the alphabet, hold on.

Hmm, Imgur won't load for some reason. I guess I'll have to send it later.

WAIT, got it!

http://i.imgur.com/VpoVX.jpg

Yes, yes, I'm aware the Swastika is inverted, I need to fix that >_> I wanted the Hindi/Fruit Swastika, not the Nazi one, but I was reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and I guess I accidentally derped that up. >_<

(By fruit Swastika, I mean there's a fruit in the Amazon rainforest that has a swastika in its center if you cut it open, pretty weird, though the swastika is a naturally occurring symbol that is present in practically every culture in the world, hence why it ties into my language which is used in my Scifi. I figured it'd be fun to include 3-4 scattered references within Simplified Arkhan'a, since Complex Arkhan'a and Archaic Script are totally different and don't resemble modern languages at all.)

Interesting, double standard regarding a certain controversial symbol here.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:15:13 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 01, 2012, 01:00:12 AM »
Ehndras, you may not use the swatiska based on this:
I must step in here.

Please abstain from using symbols used by the Nazis within the game. There's a simple reason for that: I and the game servers are located in Germany. Use of these symbols is illegal here unless it is for historical or educational purposes. I don't really think anyone would sue an online game, but I have more important things to do with my life than worry about that.

So aside from all the other arguments, not endangering the game itself would be pretty nice.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 01, 2012, 09:38:05 AM »
That symbol has nothing to do with the religion, if that post had been read (at all), you'd notice I was referencing the language revolving around the original Fantasy novel from which the religion idea came from.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 01, 2012, 09:42:45 AM »
Interesting, double standard regarding a certain controversial symbol here.

Not quite sure where I'm seeing a double-standard. You were referencing in vivid RP your character dancing nude and drawing massive swastikas that could be seen for miles, as you so eloquently stated. I was displaying an example of something I worked on half a decade ago that has nothing that will actually be in any way included in or referenced within BM nor does it have anything to do with the religion itself. As I said in the post, that's the old simplified alphabet I created when I was young and was working on the original fantasy novel, within which I used various pagan symbols to denote a connection between Earth-based ancient scripts, runes, and religions and the one from my old story.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #24: July 01, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
Not quite sure where I'm seeing a double-standard. You were referencing in vivid RP your character dancing nude and drawing massive swastikas that could be seen for miles, as you so eloquently stated. I was displaying an example of something I worked on half a decade ago that has nothing that will actually be in any way included in or referenced within BM nor does it have anything to do with the religion itself. As I said in the post, that's the old simplified alphabet I created when I was young and was working on the original fantasy novel, within which I used various pagan symbols to denote a connection between Earth-based ancient scripts, runes, and religions and the one from my old story.

Don't mind him, Ehndras, he's just throwing a massive tantrum that he can't have his way. Seems he can't get it through his head that the systematic genocide of 12 million people might have tainted a once innocent symbol.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 01, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »
I was just making a point. I love your idea and even the alphabet. Its awesome.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:51:30 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 11, 2012, 12:48:43 AM »
I can't even *become* a Priest yet due to the daimons camping where the only nearby church is, lmao!

So, I'm entertaining myself by fighting the Daimonhorde and randomly preaching in motivational poetics. Setting the mood, so to speak.

We'll see what happens. <_<

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 11, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
I can't even *become* a Priest yet due to the daimons camping where the only nearby church is, lmao!

So, I'm entertaining myself by fighting the Daimonhorde and randomly preaching in motivational poetics. Setting the mood, so to speak.

We'll see what happens. <_<

Just to be clear, are you trying to become a priest of another religion, or found your own religion?

Because founding your own religion requires exactly two things: a lordship, and about 300 gold.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 11, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »
First I want to become Priest of another religion, I'd like to first learn the native ways of Riombara before breaking away into my own.

Also, I could have sworn that to become a Priest character you'd need to first join another religion and gain a certain rank for the Priest class to become available?

With all the new lands becoming available, I can probably secure a Lordship here or there. It'll just take influence and visibility in the public world, which is why I'm fighting wars, giving advice, and being my ol' Priestly self.

Ah, one question. Is a Priest-Hero possible? Always did love Battle-Priests... :P The two counter each other because of the Hero's serious disability via death potential, so it sounds highly entertaining.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 11, 2012, 01:28:48 AM »
First I want to become Priest of another religion, I'd like to first learn the native ways of Riombara before breaking away into my own.

That's reasonable.

Also, I could have sworn that to become a Priest character you'd need to first join another religion and gain a certain rank for the Priest class to become available?

No. Any Lord can found their own religion. Founding a religion automatically makes you a member, so of course you can then be a Priest. (Which you are automatically turned into. Also, you automatically step down from all positions.)

With all the new lands becoming available, I can probably secure a Lordship here or there. It'll just take influence and visibility in the public world, which is why I'm fighting wars, giving advice, and being my ol' Priestly self.

Ah, one question. Is a Priest-Hero possible? Always did love Battle-Priests... :P The two counter each other because of the Hero's serious disability via death potential, so it sounds highly entertaining.

Priest/Hero is certainly possible, but there are no Battle-Priests. All Priests are removed from combat, and cannot command a unit at all.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan