Author Topic: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)  (Read 19155 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)
« Reply #45: July 12, 2012, 03:00:46 AM »
SHH! Damn it! :-P I did not write 20-30 paragraphs of RP in the last 2-3 days only to die. <_< I am SO bringing his crazy sister Lentias in, since Lentias = Sentinel in Arkahn'a and Ehndras = Guardian, derived from the English words in reverse. :-P Ahh, early Arkhan'a... How simple you were to design.

Ehndras = Naidraug = Guardian
Lentias = Lenitnes = Sentinel

That's pretty much the logic my language used while I was 9-12 years old.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: July 12, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »
Ehndras = Naidraug = Guardian
Lentias = Lenitnes = Sentinel

That's pretty much the logic my language used while I was 9-12 years old.
I am seeing the Naidraug=Guardian but how did Ehndras end up equalling Naidraug?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: July 12, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »
That's the point. :-)

I needed a word that meant Guardian so I reversed it - voila, Naidraug. Now, I need a good, well-flowing name that's easy to pronounce in my Latinized Arabesque accent yet different enough from the originating word. Naidraug... N-draug... En-draug... Endra... Ehndras. And there we go.

Most of my language came about that way.

If I had my lap... Wait, I brought my laptop to work today! Derp. I'll post from my laptop in a second, going to find my out-dated Lexicon of Arkhan'a (because I can't seem to find the modern one among the 15 copies of it I have :-|) and post some examples here.

Some words are purposely derived from real-life words, paying homage. Lucien, Lucius, Lucivel, obviously derived from Lux. Others are relatively derived, like "Kaanter", Language, being derived from "Prison Cant", a term for secret codes developed by gangs and secret organizations.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: August 19, 2012, 10:27:01 PM »
Reviving this topic since I finally gained Lordship in Rio, have stable internet, am financially stable, and my writer's block has buggered off.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: August 19, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
If anyone is interested in joining me in Belluatera for when I found the religion, or would be interested in helping me iron own the details since I'm rusty as well and the system could use some refinement, just shoot me a message. :-)

I'm perfectly willing to provide IRC, Skype, Facebook, or other means of communication for the purpose of helping me with my soon-to-be religion. Much appreciated!~