Author Topic: Improving Religion  (Read 2789 times)

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
Improving Religion
« Topic Start: March 23, 2011, 10:52:35 PM »
In The Top & Flop thread multiple players mentioned religion as a flop.

So I would like to start a discussion about "how to improve religions"

Some Quotes from the Top & Flop topic:
Quote from: Revan
Religion - Too many faiths are just realms by another name and used as a bureaucratic device to keep peasants happy. Too many players either join faiths simply not to upset that status quo (and so don't engage with the faith at all) or aren't joining religions full stop. I suppose it's a player problem as much as anything else, but religions appear much more peripheral and unimportant now, since being firmly established, than they were a few years ago whilst battling for position and dominance across many realms.
Quote from: Zann
Religion: The role of religion and priests seems very vague.
Quote from: Vellos
Religion- I love the religion feature. But it just isn't versatile enough and doesn't compel dynamism. Some kind of game-mechanics doctrine feature would be interesting, compelling religions to commit to beliefs rather than just declaring other religions evil or not. Overall, religion is underused and generally stagnant
Quote from: Perth
Religion. Does not have the weight and sophistication and it could have. Religion could be one of the biggest aspects and drivers of the game, yet it falls short of this and becomes merely a background or demographic detail most of the time
Quote from: Chénier
Religions failing to grab the role history gave them.

egamma

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: Improving Religion
« Reply #2: March 24, 2011, 11:24:31 AM »
One is more about what makes a good religion ICishly, not what this is really about, and the other is a player asking for ideas about a Zuma-based religion. o.O