Author Topic: Where to Go ;)  (Read 27388 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Go ;)
« Reply #15: June 21, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »
Enweil is a democracy and presently the worst off realm on the continent; they have the fewest nobles and are without a capital after losing their only city. One of the founding realms of BT, they've been fighting with Riombara for longer than anyone can remember with periodic truces to regroup or fight invaders. Chenier is running the show at the moment.

Their religion is The Way, which is very important for the realm. I believe one of the Cheniers is the founder.
In Riombara there is the Draconic Order, but it is extremely inactive, and was founded mostly for OoC reasons (to combat Daimon Worship).

Fronen is a republic that hasn't done terribly well this invasion; lost one city and most of their regions are covered by dark clouds (which reduce stats). Been having activity problems recently, so there might be opportunites for advancement (or alternatively, it might just be quiet). Headed up by Geronus. Probably the most religiously mixed realm, they've got elements from the Golden Feather, Bloodspeakers and Estahsism

Damn, I loved that description. Should join it if for some reason Felicie can no longer stay in Rio.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 21, 2012, 12:54:27 PM »
Enweil is a democracy and presently the worst off realm on the continent; they have the fewest nobles and are without a capital after losing their only city. One of the founding realms of BT, they've been fighting with Riombara for longer than anyone can remember with periodic truces to regroup or fight invaders.

That's not true! I can remember before Enweil and Riombara started fighting with each other!

Hmm...that was not long before Delvin became Prime Minister. An interesting coincidence.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 21, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
Their religion is The Way, which is very important for the realm. I believe one of the Cheniers is the founder.
In Riombara there is the Draconic Order, but it is extremely inactive, and was founded mostly for OoC reasons (to combat Daimon Worship).

I did not found The Way. The one who did now lives in Rio, as far as I know.

And I really doubt I'll win the next rulership elections. 1-day rulership referendums are good for surprises like this. :P

And hey, I don't hate everyone! I'm the one who offered alliances with Nothoi, OG, and Sint! Sint's the only one failing to sign it, now.

And sure, we lack a city... but Fheuvenem has been unblighted. We do plan on taking it back fairly soon, even if the Riombarans refuse to help.

Damn, I loved that description. Should join it if for some reason Felicie can no longer stay in Rio.

Fronen was better when the Blood Cult was the state religion. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 21, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
And sure, we lack a city... but Fheuvenem has been unblighted. We do plan on taking it back fairly soon, even if the Riombarans refuse to help.

Translation:

"Despite the fact that Midnight of the South is completely blocking the path between Riombara and Fheuvenem with the largest concentration of Daimons left on the continent, when Riombara doesn't come help us retake Fheuvenem, I will blame Riombara and claim that they're not refusing help because they're in league with Daimons."

;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 21, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
Translation:

"Despite the fact that Midnight of the South is completely blocking the path between Riombara and Fheuvenem with the largest concentration of Daimons left on the continent, when Riombara doesn't come help us retake Fheuvenem, I will blame Riombara and claim that they're not refusing help because they're in league with Daimons."

;D

Yes.  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 21, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
Well, I would have suggested you come to Fronen, but there really is a big activity issue right now. Here are some Pros and Cons:

Pros:

1. I will love you forever if you bring a high activity character to the realm.

2. There is no state religion - all religions in Fronen are based in neighboring realms, meaning there is space for yours.

3. Your religion sounds very interesting, and I wouldn't mind having it housed in my realm at all. And, activity permitting, I might even help you with it.

4. There's lots of secular opportunities as well. So few active characters means advancement is pretty easy.

5. There's lots of opportunities for someone interested in helping rebuild a realm from the ground up.

6. I'm interested in implementing a formal constitution similar to what Riombara has - our current governing process is pretty malleable.

Cons:

1. Low activity. This realm is deader than dead right now. I may have to administer CPR soon. Please come liven things up.

2. We were enemy number one on the island before the current Invasion. At one point, every single realm in the North was trying to get a piece of us. That may or may not change once the Invasion ends. I've been doing as much as I can to build goodwill and better relations with our neighbors, but who knows? Old Grehk in particular was really out to get us before the Invasion; it would not surprise me if they come at us again soon.

3. The realm is in a total shambles thanks to low activity, the effects of the shadow of the blight (which covers nearly the entire realm), losing our capital, and general daimonic havoc. It will require significant time and effort to rebuild Fronen into any semblance of its former power, and we are largely at the mercy of other realms to help us kill of Midnight of the East to get our capital back.

So, weigh the good against the bad and decide. Fronen could be a lot of fun with an influx of a few active new players.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 21, 2012, 02:53:19 PM »
Fronen always looked very interesting. Personally, the thing that always drove me away are those weird italian names for councils positions. But that's just me.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 21, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
Thalmarkin is a monarchy and has been the hero of this invasion. Overlord, Darkest Hour of the North and Darkest Hour of the West were all killed attacking their capital. Presently rather battered, but have room to expand. Mostly Order of the Golden Feather, with some Daishi. Noldorin is King.

Why thank you. You've not done too bad yourself! ;)

But the old government system names are so outdated. Yes, Thalmarkin is a monarchy but we elect all of our government positions, the general monthly, and the council comprises half of the realm, though most information is shared with the entire realm. Of course, our actual government members do have great authority, especially our King but you just can't argue with his results and methods during his almost 2 year reign... That doesn't mean you can't argue with him though. :)

1. I will love you forever if you bring a high activity character to the realm.

;D

2. We were enemy number one on the island before the current Invasion. At one point, every single realm in the North was trying to get a piece of us. That may or may not change once the Invasion ends. I've been doing as much as I can to build goodwill and better relations with our neighbors, but who knows? Old Grehk in particular was really out to get us before the Invasion; it would not surprise me if they come at us again soon.

I would personally consider that a pro.  Especially if you know that expansion was a big reason for that war, you had after all 5 cities and were attacked by realms who had all together 6 cities together. (Not counting Melhed since their participation didn't really end up benefiting either party.)
So... the prospect of war is always good in my opinion, even if you might lose. But either way, I think your diplomacy has really gotten Fronen out of the marginalized state it was in before the invasion.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 21, 2012, 04:02:02 PM »
I think that one of the side effects of this invasion is that all (well nearly all) realms honestly worked together - this has never happened before to this extent. There were few questions left like 'Do they truly want to aid us or are they preparing any treachery''...the main question was 'Are they active to actually help us or not?'. Post invasion diplomacy sure is going to be different from pre-invasion (see Fronen...) with everyone being mostly friendly towards most of the other realms.

I for my side am /really/ looking forward to find out what will happen in Riombara - we have had an strong influx of enweilian and IVF characters and so far the miltiary crisis has prevented any internal discussions....but I estimate that this will change. I am really interested to find out if these characters will stay (I hope so) and if yes how - or if - Riombara will change.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 21, 2012, 04:48:12 PM »
I'm extremely active and very passionate about my playing, averaging 18 hours online on weekdays due to my work and most hobbies revolving around having stable internet connection. As such, I log in every 5-10 minutes all day long and have already quit a character on Atamara due to sluggish RP and a lack of communication. >_> I really doubt being the one active player in a dead nation will do much, Priest or not. Fronen sounds like it'd be a great opportunity to experiment with my playing style, but I'm not so sure about the prospect of all my work being reduced to nothingness as soon as someone decides they're bored with the invasion's end. :P Is there an army? Can it move? Is it sluggish, or is the lack of activity bad enough that the nation has practically ground to a halt?

I've been leading nations, clans, and armies in Strategy-War RPGs since I was 8 years old (I lied about my age of course, bahaha!), and the one thing that irks me is a wholesale lack of activity and commitment to the cause - whatever it may be. Religion, nationalism, the spirit of roleplay, our players must have SOMETHING that brings them together. It is wholly possible that Fronen's fractured political system is what ultimately doomed it to all hell.

Although... As a Bay12er, I know my buddies just left Summerdale in Dwilight to join Astrom, though some stayed behind to fight to the death - as we are famous for. I'm pretty sure I can recruit a few die-hard Dwarven bastards to join us in our desperate plight... If so, then I wouldn't have a problem rebuilding Fronen from the ground up. I've done it in other games, I can do it here.

Oh dear gods. What am I getting myself into? >_>
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 21, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
There is an army. It is somewhat sluggish. It's also small. We have about three active families in Fronen besides myself, and a fourth will return when (and if) Dyomoque is returned to us by by Nothoi. Really, a few active players could probably rejuvenate the realm considerably. During the war prior to the Invasion there were a lot of debates in the Senate, and our armies weren't the shambles they are now. The Invasion has really ground us down.

I don't think anyone will attempt to destroy Fronen in the near future. Old Grehk and Nothoi are the only realms that might have a true grudge against us, and there are reasons for each of them not to come after us. We ceded Dyomoque to Nothoi to use as their capital after Reeds fell, which was a very magnanimous gesture, so I would be a bit surprised if they still come after us after that. As for Old Grehk, well, I don't know about them. I think it would be risky for them to come after us given the current state of affairs, but that may just be me.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 21, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
Hmm, that surely shines a more positive light on Fronen.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 21, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
Fronen, here I come. I was searching for a realm in BT where a 17 yr (kid) warrior can make a name for himself and bring glory to his family. Don't let his looks fool you, he can march to battle on a single command. Just wait for a week. Only one question, did Fronen sided with Daimons, ever?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 21, 2012, 07:21:00 PM »
Hopefully not, I would not join a realm that sides with Daimons.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 21, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
Nah, never. We've been accused of taking advantage of the Fourth Invasion due to our relative inaction, but we never openly sided with anyone.