Author Topic: Where to Go ;)  (Read 27421 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Go ;)
« Reply #30: June 21, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Having chars in both realms, I'd love to see that. But in all fairness, Thalmarkin has been raising armies of the same strength or more than Riombara with much less resources all this time and now we've just lost half our population. :/ Still... 14k mobile, ready to march! :)

That being said... let's start unblighting so that we can get this war going! We can battle it out just South of Fronen or something. :P

Also, just had to reply to this. Riombara just raised our fourth (?) army of over 20k CS within the last month to take another crack at Midnight of the South. I think we're actually going to win this time, as we've slowly whittled away his chargers. Our current army is actually one of the largest yet at around 30k CS. We've got 2500 men sitting in Ardmore. Should see a huge battle in another day or so at most.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:28:38 PM by Geronus »

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 21, 2012, 07:51:51 PM »
Timing: Enweilios, end of April (losses of 15.000). Rebuilding and preparing Rines for Midnights attack during May. Heading far west to engage him in Rumannen end of May (losses 20.000). Heading home, recruiting, attacking him in Mio Dupaki around June 13th (losses 17.000). Now, 8 days later, of a total mobile strength in Riombara of 30.500, 27.000 did march into Ardmore as one single wave this sunrise.

Thalmarkin sure takes the honours with her tenacity and battleworthiness in the north - and the fitting crowning achievement of killing Overlord himself - but Riombara ain't doing half bad considering we were basically cut off for months now. Sustaining that level of activity sure is work but the results are awesome. Goes a far way to show the difference of having an economic base and using it.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 21, 2012, 08:01:13 PM »
Nah, never. We've been accused of taking advantage of the Fourth Invasion due to our relative inaction, but we never openly sided with anyone.

You have recieved a talented, young, nobleman, always by his sword.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 21, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
Hopefully not, I would not join a realm that sides with Daimons.

Nobody did in this invasion.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #34: June 22, 2012, 12:25:41 AM »
Riombara has done an excellent job. They were very cooperative when I was the general of Enweil.

We actually set aside our differences quickly and fought Nightfall of the East several times, and eventually faced Overlord who crushed both armies like bugs with his flying cavalries.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 22, 2012, 02:08:48 AM »
I would like to suggest you come to Melhed.  We have a very strong religion right now, and I would love to see some competition for the bloodspeakers. 

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 22, 2012, 02:41:21 AM »
I would like to suggest you come to Melhed.  We have a very strong religion right now, and I would love to see some competition for the bloodspeakers.

Join The Way!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 22, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »
In Riombara there is the Draconic Order, but it is extremely inactive, and was founded mostly for OoC reasons (to combat Daimon Worship).

fairly ooc. though it was basically.. refounding of another religion which has gone inactive where my priest was the last priest.
you getting the drift with me and religions? i can provide the infrastructure.. but someone else needs to do the other stuff.
firefox

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 26, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
Probably by tomorrow, my char would emmigrate to Fronen.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 26, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »
Probably by tomorrow, my char would emmigrate to Fronen.

Excellent.  8)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 26, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »
Excellent.  8)

I spoke too fast. Seems like there is another character there with the same name, preventing emmigration. Unless my name change request is granted... Really, really bad luck :-(

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 26, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
I spoke too fast. Seems like there is another character there with the same name, preventing emmigration. Unless my name change request is granted... Really, really bad luck :-(

Your request should be approved unless it is a patently ridiculous name or breaks the rules around naming (i.e. contains a title like 'King').

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 26, 2012, 09:48:37 PM »
Your request should be approved unless it is a patently ridiculous name or breaks the rules around naming (i.e. contains a title like 'King').

No, pretty much the other way around.

Name change requests are for changing from bad names to good names. They are not for changing names for your own convenience, because you no longer like the old name, or because you want to change the name for your character's RP.

Until and unless Tom changes the policy, they are solely for ensuring that people have an option for getting rid of stupid names like "DragonRider xXxNinjaKillerzxXx". (Or, y'know, less extremely stupid, but still stupid ;D )
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 26, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »
No, pretty much the other way around.

Name change requests are for changing from bad names to good names. They are not for changing names for your own convenience, because you no longer like the old name, or because you want to change the name for your character's RP.

Until and unless Tom changes the policy, they are solely for ensuring that people have an option for getting rid of stupid names like "DragonRider xXxNinjaKillerzxXx". (Or, y'know, less extremely stupid, but still stupid ;D )
He isn't trying to change his name because he doesn't like it or because of a RP, he wants to change it so he can play on a continent with his name already. I do think he should make sure the name he changes it to is not already on the continent he wants to play on so it will actually work but I see no reason his request should be denied.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 26, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »
He isn't trying to change his name because he doesn't like it or because of a RP, he wants to change it so he can play on a continent with his name already. I do think he should make sure the name he changes it to is not already on the continent he wants to play on so it will actually work but I see no reason his request should be denied.

See: "for your own convenience."

If you can't move that particular character to that particular continent, then move another one, delete that one and create another, or move to another continent.

As I said: The only acceptable reason for a name change is to change a name that is unacceptable for the milieu to one that is.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan