Author Topic: Where to Go ;)  (Read 27459 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Where to Go ;)
« Reply #60: June 28, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
Just means your family isn't rich enough.  A few calls to the aunt and see what she has to say to you. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #61: June 28, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »
The aunt won't send me gold anymore. After all, she is not my personal banker.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #62: June 28, 2012, 11:48:15 PM »
Hmm, a little too greedy there. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 29, 2012, 03:46:25 AM »
Well, this week has certainly been spiced up. ;)

New girlfriend spicing up my nights, marching against daimonspawn in Bellua, Aurvandil just decided to throw 25k at our southern allies Barca for no apparent reason while northern diplomacies among the northern Astroists are in utter chaos and a Lord betrayed Asylon by seceeding to Kabrinskia even with Kabrinskia stating they didn't want them to(Dwilight), not to mention preparing to found a new nation/colony in Arcaea...

An exciting week indeed.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 29, 2012, 04:05:28 AM »
Just because I'm anal about this term, "seceeding to" is not the proper terminology. Secession is the severing of ties. You don't "secede to", you "secede from". In BattleMaster parlance, secession specifically refers to a duchy leaving a realm to form a new realm. When a region (or even an entire duchy) swaps from one realm to another, it is a change of allegiance.

Yes, I know it sounds like I'm being pedantic, and I am. At least a little. But the incorrect use of this specific terminology causes a lot of confusion, especially in reporting bugs.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 29, 2012, 06:07:51 AM »
Haha that's alright. :P I couldn't remember the proper term. Its like immigration and emigration, which are also commonly misused. I know there's a counter-term for secession but for the life of me I cannot remember it.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #66: June 29, 2012, 06:26:42 AM »
There's cession.  Where one government cedes (gives) a territory to another.  Usually by treaty.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #67: June 29, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »
There are also concessions.  You need a drink after such a technical discussion.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: July 05, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »
Finally, a successful emmigration.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: July 05, 2012, 06:09:15 PM »
:-) Definitely enjoying my experience in Bellua! I arrived just in time to kick some Daimon ass in two of the most epic battles I'll ever witness.

Though I obviously aspire to achieve Lordship I'm taking it slow. My plan is still to become a Priest and found a comprehensive Poly-panentheistic religion, but I'm still learning the ropes of Bellua and thus taking it nice and slow.

I'm definitely here for the long run though. :-D Just readied a nice RP speech for my promotion to Marshal on another continent, complete with a new Latin motto for the army/nation. ;-) I've really enjoyed the opportunity to lead here in BM - the experience giving an altogether different feeling than the dozens of times I've led before.

Knowing that once I really like a game I'm loathe to drop it, going so far as to make it a concrete aspect of my daily schedule, I am quite aware that BM is now a digital extension of my very soul ;-)

Lets mop up those Daemonhordes and start rebuilding civilization, eh?

My only curiosity is in regard to the frequency of such Daimon invasions.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: July 05, 2012, 06:20:22 PM »
Tom has announced that this will be the last of the GM-led invasions. So, not sure what the schedule for the invasions will be after this. Usually there's plenty of time to rebuild and recover, then let things get interesting before the next invasion starts.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #71: July 05, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
So... are you referring to future non-GM-led invasions? :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: July 05, 2012, 06:40:42 PM »
Dunno. If Tom has decided what to do, he sure hasn't told me. But the first two invasions just turned up the monster/undead spawners to huge levels.

Oh, and frogs. Lots and lots of frogs...

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #73: July 05, 2012, 06:43:21 PM »
Perhaps gnats and locasts will join the fray.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: July 05, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »
Wut? lolcats?