Author Topic: Where to Go ;)  (Read 27058 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Go ;)
« Reply #75: July 05, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
 ;D

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: July 15, 2012, 01:24:44 AM »
An invasion where certain well-established, active and trustworthy players might be allowed to reduce some of Tom's Daimon workload while better simulating the chaos of a demon invasion by playing as Daimons/Daimon leaders would be absolutely wonderful to behold. It'd really add a new dynamic to Blight invasions. :-)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: July 15, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »
@ehndras: that's what was done for the third and fourth invasions. The results were less than perfect. Not many people are willing to put up with the abuse the player base heaps out on GM players... :(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: July 15, 2012, 03:35:45 AM »
Obviously you picked the wrong people for the job >_> Abuse is to be expected, c'mon, you're RPing murderous demon-filth attempting to annihilate all traces of human life a sacrifice their souls to damnation. If you can't expect and take the heat then get the hell away from the demon-forges. :-P
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: July 15, 2012, 03:43:45 AM »
You had to be there to understand.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: July 15, 2012, 04:07:01 AM »
That bad, huh? :-P

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: July 15, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »
@ehndras: that's what was done for the third and fourth invasions. The results were less than perfect. Not many people are willing to put up with the abuse the player base heaps out on GM players... :(
What I think would be better but harder because it requires more people is to actually have every daimon/monster/undead/whatever troop leader be a character though it could be only like 5 or 6 if it was like the last invasion with only one type attacking and how daimons basically came back as different names (something of some direction) you could have a similar system where there character died they get to play the next one made. It would be less of GMing and more of being a player on the other side though it would have to be trusted players who cant have a character above knight position and can't have a vice-marshal or above with the army ranking stuff on the continent. So not so much fun with your character on Bellutera but price to pay to be in that position. (They would of course be trusted but basically you don't what them getting lucky with their ideas as it can be hard to not use knowledge in choices, as in your a marshal and you need to decide which region to have the army to go to it will be hard to not make the better choice or they will end up making the wrong decision on purpose to completly avoid it.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:22:00 AM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: July 15, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »
I figure giving it only to people who don't play on Bellua would be best. Or, I don't know, convert humans into daimons or some such?

I'm sure there's some method that could be used to ensure no abuse or "I hated Riombara on my old char so I'm going to wtfpwn them with my daimons, buahaha!"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: July 15, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »
I figure giving it only to people who don't play on Bellua would be best. Or, I don't know, convert humans into daimons or some such?

I'm sure there's some method that could be used to ensure no abuse or "I hated Riombara on my old char so I'm going to wtfpwn them with my daimons, buahaha!"

Yeah, we had enough of that with one of the actual GM players.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: July 15, 2012, 05:46:28 PM »
This issue with that method is that isn't necessarily what your daimon/s you control would do and it should all be IC though Tom might have some stuff that he shares with the daimon GM/players that the regular characters wouldn't know.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 05:49:13 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: July 16, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »

I didn't like the Fourth Invasion, but that had relatively little to do with the GMs. I thought they did alright, all things considered. I actually quite enjoyed the Monster GM's RPs and thought he created some very interesting and memorable characters out of his NPCs - the Wisdom-Sword-Shield triangle was interesting to follow, and I quite enjoyed the overall clan dynamic with Epic and Justice as patriarch/matriarch, etc. The problems and frustrations I had with the Fourth were more structural I always thought.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: July 16, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »
Nothing was as cool as monsters crushing DoA, and then some of their nobles joining the monsters.

That's something I missed in this invasion ; somebody being able to join Overlord in traveling through blight to kill someone.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #87: July 16, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »
That's something I missed in this invasion ; somebody being able to join Overlord in traveling through blight to kill someone.

Wasn't on the plan this time. There were a few offers. No, I'm not going to drop names.

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: July 16, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
Maybe next time the unreadable invade our fallen nobles can have the option to join them.  THAT would be epic. 

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: July 16, 2012, 09:47:13 PM »
Wasn't on the plan this time. There were a few offers. No, I'm not going to drop names.

*coughGuilhaumecough*
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).