Author Topic: Where to Go ;)  (Read 27052 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Where to Go ;)
« Topic Start: June 20, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
Well, finally joining Bellua. Had to donate to get a new char slot since apparently someone called Yuri is preventing my Hammersett Nord character from emigrating there due to having the same name. :P

I've been invited to join Riombara and start up the religion vaguely mentioned here, but I'm still on the wall about which nation to join.

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2639.0.html

I'd like to bring 2 characters to Bellua, one as a Priest of Arkhan'a and the other as your usual nobleman aspiring to lead armies and kick demon ass. I'd most likely have them in the same nation, but I wouldn't mind spreading them apart a bit to make thing interesting.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Zakilevo

Re: Where to Go ;)
« Reply #1: June 20, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
Come to Thalmarkin. The very ground which Overlord was defeated. ;)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 20, 2012, 11:38:03 PM »
Don't listen to him. Come to Riombara. We do not have well established religions. Also, I maintain that a Riombara vs Thalmarkin showdown would be damn close. 

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 20, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
Don't listen to him. Come to Riombara. We do not have well established religions. Also, I maintain that a Riombara vs Thalmarkin showdown would be damn close. 

Well, Liara still hopes to found Quintarianism...but there's just been so much demand for warriors, she hasn't felt right abandoning the sword to take up the cloth.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: June 20, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »

We need a new religion more than Riombara! We haven't had one for so long. Riombara had one but it fell apart a couple months ago :p

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 20, 2012, 11:55:29 PM »

Having chars in both realms, I'd love to see that. But in all fairness, Thalmarkin has been raising armies of the same strength or more than Riombara with much less resources all this time and now we've just lost half our population. :/ Still... 14k mobile, ready to march! :)

That being said... let's start unblighting so that we can get this war going! We can battle it out just South of Fronen or something. :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 20, 2012, 11:58:01 PM »
ENWEIL!!!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 21, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »
We need a new religion more than Riombara! We haven't had one for so long. Riombara had one but it fell apart a couple months ago :p

We totally do have a religion. And one of my dead chars is a god in it! (you can argue about the term "god" but I'm sure as hell sticking with that interpretation :P) Check out the Order of the Golden Feather on the wiki, there's some interpretation about this but in my opinion it's pure ancestor worship which I think is awesome and very fitting for us, simple warrior-types. :)

Not that I'm against competition of a nice, well thought-out religion. I'm just not going to follow it until you make me a god!

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 21, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »
I'm split between Riombara and Thamarkin atm... What are the politics behind those two nations? Republic, Monarchy, Military Dictatorship, Tyrannic, Benevolent Despotism...?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 21, 2012, 01:48:13 AM »
Rio is a Republican Republic. Can hardly be more democratic. I believe Thal is a vanilla Monarchy, right?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: June 21, 2012, 02:46:26 AM »
Thalmarkin is a kingdom. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 21, 2012, 03:34:57 AM »
Rio is a Republican Republic. Can hardly be more democratic. I believe Thal is a vanilla Monarchy, right?

ENWEIL!!! is a democracy. Rio is an elitist and hypocritical oligarchy. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 21, 2012, 04:19:11 AM »
ENWEIL!!! is a democracy. Rio is an elitist and hypocritical oligarchy. :P

Yes, join Enweil. Chenier will force feed you koolaid until you're thoroughly indoctrinated and hate all the proper things!  8)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 21, 2012, 06:09:29 AM »
Yes, join Enweil. Chenier will force feed you koolaid until you're thoroughly indoctrinated and hate all the proper things!  8)

That. Also, realm without a city dominated by hating-everybody fanatics (of who the Cheniers are the leaders) of an already established religion.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 21, 2012, 07:50:08 AM »
Allow me to provide a semi-unbiased account of the realms of Beluaterra. First off, something to note; there's a big division between South Beluaterra (Enweil and Riombara) and North Beluaterra. It's at least a weeks journey between the two, so aside from letters, there's very little contact between the two.

Enweil is a democracy and presently the worst off realm on the continent; they have the fewest nobles and are without a capital after losing their only city. One of the founding realms of BT, they've been fighting with Riombara for longer than anyone can remember with periodic truces to regroup or fight invaders. Chenier is running the show at the moment.

Fronen is a republic that hasn't done terribly well this invasion; lost one city and most of their regions are covered by dark clouds (which reduce stats). Been having activity problems recently, so there might be opportunites for advancement (or alternatively, it might just be quiet). Headed up by Geronus. Probably the most religiously mixed realm, they've got elements from the Golden Feather, Bloodspeakers and Estahsism

Melhed is a republic renown for taking a very, very long time to decide anything, although they've been better recently. Rarely fights other human states, but they've been one of the major participants in the present fight against the Daimons. Home to the Bloodspeaker religion.

Nothoi is a democracy and the baby of BT. Lost their capital earlier in the invasion, but got given a new one by Fronen. Potential to expand, as they have a fair few empty regions around them. Mostly follows Estahsism, might be some Bloodspeakers.

Old Grehk is a monarchy thats had one of its cities blighted, but is otherwise fairly well off. Along with Melhed and Thalmarkin, they've done most of the heavy lifting this invasion. The Church of Humanity, Daishi and Order of the Golden Feather are all established there. Also home to the greatest living Beluaterran, Askarn Iltaran (I kid).

Sint is the lone theocracy on BT, they sided with the daimons four or five years ago and are struggling to live it down. Started off well enough, but hasn't performed well in the latter half of the invasion. Still with three cities and plenty of room to expand, they have a bright future. Hemaism is the state religion.

Thalmarkin is a monarchy and has been the hero of this invasion. Overlord, Darkest Hour of the North and Darkest Hour of the West were all killed attacking their capital. Presently rather battered, but have room to expand. Mostly Order of the Golden Feather, with some Daishi. Noldorin is King.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus