Author Topic: A feature to help nobles find lieges  (Read 6292 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: A feature to help nobles find lieges
« Topic Start: March 26, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »
There is a tutorial up though, although I don't remember what exactly it tells you (I read it when I joined in 2007). If it is lacking in some regards, maybe that could be added to? Maybe...a quick demo, like, provide a family name and character name, and then give the menu of made-up realms on a made-up or refitted continent. Have the guy start there, give the "send a message!" automated message (That sounds not easy to pull off though). If he sends a message introducing himself/asking for a liege/anything that's not stupid then send an automatic message thing with an oath offer. Have the player click it, then tell him to set the estate to something. Next automated recruitment, explain unit settings, have them set the settings, and then go click travel and select some region. After that is done, tell player that normally it would require waiting until turn change (explain what it means) before the travel completes, but that for the purposes of the demo, the travel will be instant. Then the guy arrives in the destination to fight some enemy unit like a small group of monsters. Congratulations, you completed the tutorial!

Yeah, something like that? From the looks of it, it sounds rather involved just to help potential new players get a better idea of what to do and expect on the first few turns.