Author Topic: Marshals creating thier own formations  (Read 1757 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Marshals creating thier own formations
« Topic Start: March 29, 2011, 06:05:40 AM »
I know there is the option to not specify formation, and just tell everyone what formation settings they should be deployed in. Though since this is more difficult, the game pushes players to use marshal settings. I think it would be nice if marshals could create their own formations similar to Archer Opening or Infantry Wall. I don't think it should be as complex as Delay and Wound or Attacking in Waves. Marshals should be able to create simple formations where they specify all archers are in column x, all infantry in column y, and all cavalry in column z etc. The game in the past on a very basic level felt like rock paper scissors where Infantry Charge beat Cavalry Charge, Archer Opening beat Infantry Charge, and Cavalry Charge beat Archer Opening (These names didn't exist in the past that I am referring to). Defensive formations only has Infantry wall(I think some where else in the forum this problem is discussed by I'm trying to take it further with creating own formations). Maybe this option would only be available to marshals with high leadership skill.

egamma

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Marshals creating thier own formations
« Reply #2: March 29, 2011, 06:42:53 AM »
Thanks I couldn't find it but knew i read part of it before. Saw now they talk about "Formation builder". Feel free to ignore my thread.