Author Topic: Split: Region revolts while control at core  (Read 4181 times)

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Split: Region revolts while control at core
« Topic Start: June 20, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »
Strombran has had a problem since the update with regions all of a sudden going rogue. The first one being Dontow where control was at core. We were having problems building loyalty and morale there but control was at core before all of a sudden it kicked out the nobility and went rogue.

Now last night while Cummaol has been at core for over a week and loyalty was building (finally in the 20% range), it went rogue.

I'm uncertain if this is a bug or if it is a new design feature of the new system. Should a bug report be made?
Forbes Family

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Split: Region revolts while control at core
« Reply #1: June 20, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
There should be reports/messages about what exactly is going on. Please share them.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 20, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
Duchy Report for Strombran   (1 day, 14 hours ago)
message to the duke and nobles of Strombran

Cummaol

The local population hates our realm.
        There are loud protests against your alliance with Cagilan Empire.
        There are loud protests against your alliance with Tara.
        There are loud protests against your alliance with Coria.

Realm Report for Strombran   (1 day, 14 hours ago)
message to all nobles of Strombran

Cummaol

The local population hates our realm.

Police work was constantly done in Cummaol each and every day. At least Sir Arthur and Sir Johns B did it daily, while all the other nobles worked on either morale, loyalty and production. Last knight when I checked, before the region went rogue, it had almost 30% productivity and slightly over 20% in both morale and loyalty. And the control was at Core.
Forbes Family

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: June 20, 2012, 10:20:11 PM »
Was there no messsage when it rebelled?

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 21, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »
Region Revolts   (18 hours, 55 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Strombran
The peasants of Cummaol have done something unthinkable - they have kicked out the local nobility and declared that they will be governing themselves from here on! Unbelievable! Peasants as rulers! The peasants within the rest of the realm will certainly take notice of this if we don't put down this anarchy quickly.
Forbes Family

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: June 21, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
Then to me it's explained - they hated the realm until they had enough of it. Police work does not necessarily improve loyalty. And with 20% in stats, rebellion is well within the realm of the possible.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 21, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »
Did Strombran pull all troops out of the region? Even briefly?
------
qui audet vincit

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 21, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »
Did Strombran pull all troops out of the region? Even briefly?

Nope. This is why it's so strange. I suppose we will redo the TO and start all over again.
Forbes Family

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: June 21, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
Forbes -
There was a separate case on Dwilight of the same type.  Region stats, control, tax rate, number of troops in the region, and more all contribute towards rebellion or the possibility thereof.  It is no longer the case that you simply take a region, do some police work, and though the peasants hate you and the region is in terrible shape, it never rebels.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 21, 2012, 06:32:25 PM »
So what is the point of having Control at Core then? To me, Control being at Core means, at the very least, that the peasants aren't going to violently overthrow you within the next half day. If they are going to overthrow your rule within the next day or half day, then Control most certainly is not at Core levels and the game should not tell you that it is.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
So what is the point of having Control at Core then? To me, Control being at Core means, at the very least, that the peasants aren't going to violently overthrow you within the next half day. If they are going to overthrow your rule within the next day or half day, then Control most certainly is not at Core levels and the game should not tell you that it is.

+5

It really does not make sense. I understand that other stats all contribute but when they are increasing something is wrong that they all of a sudden have an uprising.
Forbes Family

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Control and Loyalty still play huge roles in determining whether a region revolts or not, just that other factors also play a part.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Of course, but it is in fact somewhat counter intuitive that control can be at max and the region suddenly revolts. I mean, what's the point of that stat if it's not actually an accurate reflection of your control over the region...? A region with an army sitting in it should very rarely revolt in any case provided that army is making even a minimal effort to keep the region under control. Those peasant who revolted? They should have been dead or awaiting execution within hours of attempting to revolt in the presence of an organized force of professional soldiers.

Edit: Granted, this is probably well beyond the scope of this thread... Just making a point.

egamma

(Thread split because this isn't a bug related to the update)