Author Topic: Power Ranking Discussion  (Read 30672 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Power Ranking Discussion
« Topic Start: June 22, 2012, 05:00:02 PM »
Anyone ever thought of making a Dwilight power ranking?  It would encompass CS, military capability, economy, political strife, RC quality, and so on.

Only top 10 please. :)

If anyone knows SC BW it should be like the TL Power Rankings.

Note: this better be better than the FEI power ranking thread.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ranking Discussion
« Reply #1: June 22, 2012, 05:10:03 PM »
Part of what I like about Dwilight is that a power ranking of the realms only would give you, in fact, so little information. You really have to know not only the realms, but also the power blocs and the personalities involved, otherwise you can't tell any realm's real strength.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: June 22, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »
Yes, and a proper power rank should take all those into consideration.  Here Power is not Immediate Military Prowess alone, but the ability to win given a war between two realms.  Thus it would take into account diplomacy, reliability of allies, economy, and dedication of the characters in the realm among other things.

I'm trying to see who knows the most about the various realms on Dwilight and their inner workings. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 22, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »
and dedication of the characters in the realm among other things.

Your thinking is way too realm-centric. Realms should show dedication to characters, not the other way around!  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 22, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »
I'm trying to see who knows the most about the various realms on Dwilight and their inner workings. :)

Given the one character limit, I doubt many players have truly had the opportunity to play in multiple realms, let alone across more than one of the main power blocs or cultures. I've only played in SA realms, and only two of those at that. Nearly my entire time has been spent playing in Astrum.

There are definitely a few who I know have traveled around, but I imagine they're exceptions.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: June 22, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
Yeah. Oh well 'soon', I will join Lurians and we will see how good they are.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 22, 2012, 11:00:11 PM »
I have travelled in my youth mainly, spent most times in Thulsoma/Asylon.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 22, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »
Well, I see it as...

1. Morek
2. Astrum
3. Aurvandil
4. Asylon
5. Terran
6. Kabrinskia
7. Luria Nova
8. D'Hara
9. Grand Duchy of Fissoa
10. Corsanctum

Compiled that in 15 minutes, so if it's screwy, don't judge me. :P

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: June 23, 2012, 12:26:08 AM »
Astrum, if they win the war, will probably reach close to 30 regions. So they will take that number one spot in time ;)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 23, 2012, 12:59:22 AM »
1. Astrum
2. Aurvandil
3. Morek
4. Luria Nova
5. Asylon
6. Kabrinskia
7. Terran
8. D'Hara
9. Solaria
10. Fissoa

Were it not for Astrum's many colonies and allies, I would have put Aurvandil at #1.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 23, 2012, 01:02:03 AM »
It's nice to have powerful friends. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 23, 2012, 02:12:28 AM »
Also, I would have ranked Terran above Kabrinskia: on paper I think we're stronger. But I'm not confident that's actually the case currently.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: June 23, 2012, 02:26:25 AM »
If Kabrinskia wins this war, things will change. Asylon and Kabrinskia will switch places.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 23, 2012, 03:12:53 AM »
Personally, I don't think a reasonable realm ranking for Dwilight can be configured in this manner. If you want to develop a power ranking it should be segregated by parts of Dwilight that actually deal with each other. Or split on a cultural basis. You could rank every realm on Dwilight this way, but they just wouldn't all be ranked together.

Given the one character limit, I doubt many players have truly had the opportunity to play in multiple realms, let alone across more than one of the main power blocs or cultures. I've only played in SA realms, and only two of those at that. Nearly my entire time has been spent playing in Astrum.

There are definitely a few who I know have traveled around, but I imagine they're exceptions.

Yep, I've been in every single cultural area of Dwilight at this point. With that in mind, I'm going to try and culminate a list right now, however I am not sure that I can limit myself to only placing realms on the list. I may have to include power blocs on the list as well. We'll see.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 23, 2012, 03:14:56 AM »
Yep, I've been in every single cultural area of Dwilight at this point. With that in mind, I'm going to try and culminate a list right now, however I am not sure that I can limit myself to only placing realms on the list. I may have to include power blocs on the list as well. We'll see.

As long as SA is at the top of your list  ::)