Author Topic: Extension of Bulletins  (Read 2695 times)

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
Extension of Bulletins
« Topic Start: June 27, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
Title: Extension of Bulletins

Summary: Basically to simply extend the length of the realm councils bulletins, many times I've typed out a nice descriptive bulletin only to press submit or preview to see the last couple of sentences have been cut off due to character limitations. I wish to have the character limitation extended so we can add more for the realm to read.

Details: Just make the bulletin able to hold more characters or ideally sentences of maybe 500-1000 words?

Benefits: More words in the bulletin.

Possible Exploits: None come to mind at all.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Extension of Bulletins
« Reply #1: June 27, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »
Experience has it that most people won't bother to read a bulletin if it goes to the limit. Yes, some people enjoy reading or writing really extensive texts, but the majority of players wants it short and to the point, especially the casual players.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #2: June 27, 2012, 06:38:51 PM »
You can link to the Wiki from the bulletin, right? If you have some extended details, they can be posted there. Bulletins really aren't confidential information anyways.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 27, 2012, 11:53:55 PM »
You can link to the Wiki from the bulletin, right? If you have some extended details, they can be posted there. Bulletins really aren't confidential information anyways.
In D'hara, our banker was making a list of marketplaces but decided to quit having a massive list on the bulletin so he put it on the wiki and linked it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 28, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »
... yes... so the traders can do the updates themselves XD
firefox

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 28, 2012, 12:24:12 AM »
... yes... so the traders can do the updates themselves XD
Ha no, I am a trader and when I find one I just send a message to the banker so he can add it himself, I am too lazy to figure out his fancy list.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 30, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
well.. paste
[[has feature::marketplace| ]]
right at the bottom of the wiki page of the region where you just discovered a marketplace..

... trying to work it into the middle of someone's text is way too much work and makes it difficult to edit.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:59:39 PM by fodder »
firefox