Author Topic: Gold  (Read 13390 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Gold
« Topic Start: June 23, 2012, 05:40:28 PM »
Whats the most gold (including bonds) one of your characters as had at one time?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

Re: Gold
« Reply #1: June 23, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »
4600 gold.

But I've seen people with over 15k gold. And I hear rumours of Darkan dukes with ridiculous amount of gold in their hands.

Updated: 8100 \o/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:23:41 AM by Zakilevo »

Psyche

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 23, 2012, 08:11:01 PM »
I've had more than that, but that's a reason I was kicked from the game before- abusing a bug.  I used to RTOs Ren Madragas on BT, set a buy order of 999 gold per 100 bushels and sell for 1 per 100.  Built a temple there to store gold and put in global treasury of Order of Alluran.

I had multicheated too, so had like 3 different traders with 10 caravans buying and selling 1k bushels each sometimes 3 times a day each.  This went on for a few weeks..

You do the math.

Before any abuses though, my character Distorted once had an honest 23k gold.  When he became the first Alluranian Duke of Jidington he received a largest first tax of almost 7k, due to the fact the region was rogue, producing gold,  and nobody had collected it in some time so it built up.  From there he just kept piling it up because he had as head of the church, founder of the realm, and duke over a lot of rural regions who gave food freely that he sold to Eno(wealthiest city on the island).  Until he got REALLY greedy politically he was living it high and fancy.

Also, when I had come back to the game, Hvrek managed Lopa quite well.  With a fair gold base for a rural, tons of food to sell to Grehk, regular investments, and a nonstop taxrate of 25% he netted an income of over 1k gold a week for himself AFTER investment costs and knight shares.

Lesson:  A lot of gold to be had in southern BT if you're determined.  Either join Riombara or replace it.  Plus, their whole realm is now a drool-worthy peninsula with only one small front with a realm with no cities.  If not for Daimons you could easily claim them to be setup as one of the strongest,  if not at least most wealth-secured realms in the game.  At the last map I saw they have no immediate human realm threats, and a long march for any others to pick a fight with them- which gives them a very favorable homeland advantage to sit on their asses and bathe in gold and full RC centers.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 24, 2012, 12:05:20 AM »
nowadays traders/stewards can have a ton of gold (or rather, bonds)

especially if they travel around looking for trade  (yes.. no unit. safest)
firefox

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 24, 2012, 01:59:19 AM »
Whats the most gold (including bonds) one of your characters as had at one time?

30 000.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: June 24, 2012, 03:28:00 AM »
3600, and that's all winnings from 1 tournament.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 24, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
And here I thought character gold was capped at 10k like family gold.... I still have work to do.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 24, 2012, 03:48:36 PM »
12,000-ish gold.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 26, 2012, 12:00:47 AM »
And I was clapping all over D'Hara for my first thousand  :-[
D'Espana Family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 26, 2012, 01:24:07 AM »
And I was clapping all over D'Hara for my first thousand  :-[

You must be the poorest D'Haran around.  :-\
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 26, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »
I do not remember the last time my D'Haran noble had less than 1k.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 26, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
In my defence I have to say that great amounts of gold or bonds literally burn my hands. Whenever I start to stockpile them I always feel like: oh no oh no I have too much gold, the greed gods will come after me, I have to get rid of it right now, HURRY AND SPEND IT ALL YOU FAT POMPOUS CHARACTER ;D

But usually that's not possible or wise, so now I stick to the "peace, love and free gold for everyone in need of it" policy
D'Espana Family

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 26, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »
In my defence I have to say that great amounts of gold or bonds literally burn my hands. Whenever I start to stockpile them I always feel like: oh no oh no I have too much gold, the greed gods will come after me, I have to get rid of it right now, HURRY AND SPEND IT ALL YOU FAT POMPOUS CHARACTER ;D

But usually that's not possible or wise, so now I stick to the "peace, love and free gold for everyone in need of it" policy

I never stockpile any large amount of gold (even though I am currently gettting about 1k per tax on one character), just because I'm addicted to building recruiting centers  ??? ;D It's like gambling!

The most that I've had has probably been 2.5k (that was still before I started getting so much gold from the city under the new estate system)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 27, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »
I don't think I've ever had more than 6k on hand. I start getting twitchy after five.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: June 27, 2012, 07:40:25 AM »
I never stockpile any large amount of gold (even though I am currently gettting about 1k per tax on one character), just because I'm addicted to building recruiting centers  ??? ;D It's like gambling!

The most that I've had has probably been 2.5k (that was still before I started getting so much gold from the city under the new estate system)

Totally understand Bael. Building RCs is just too addicting ;)