Author Topic: Pausing changes  (Read 4724 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Pausing changes
« Topic Start: June 25, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »
Quote from: Anaris
A change to the way pausing works has been implemented today (and will go live soon). From now on, if you plan on going on vacation (or otherwise leaving BM) and returning at a specific time, you can pause with a Vacation Pause. This will automatically unpause your character at the time you specify, and while you are paused, you will retain many more of your positions and other amenities.

If you are going away for an indeterminate amount of time, and are not sure when you will return, or are not sure if you will ever return, you can put your character into Cold Storage. This will make it as if your character was gone for good (losing guild ranks, army sponsorships, etc), while still keeping them around for you to unpause later if you choose to do so, and retaining skills (though these will slowly deteriorate), honour and prestige, and gold on hand. Auto-pausing due to inactivity will also put characters into Cold Storage.

This has not been updated on the wiki. Has anyone tried this, or any dev willing to share on which positions will be retained? Specifically, I will soon leave for a ten-days vacation, and wonder if this option would allow me to keep my Lordship/Dukeship.

Thanks.
After all it's a roleplaying game.