Author Topic: Getting a desired RC  (Read 19593 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Getting a desired RC
« Topic Start: June 25, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
Recently my character got appointed as a lord. His income is good, so he intends to build some new RC/s, but doesn't want get a good for nothing building. Is there a way to get to know what the equipment and training % would be, moreover what would come out of a normal RC ?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Zakilevo

Re: Getting a desired RC
« Reply #1: June 25, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »
Nope.

Those values are generated by the random number generator. So you better be lucky with numbers ;)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: June 25, 2012, 06:53:54 PM »
Normally what you do is stockpile gold, then build 1, if it's bad, tear it down, and repeat until you get the best RC ever.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: June 25, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
Normally what you do is stockpile gold, then build 1, if it's bad, tear it down, and repeat until you get the best RC ever.

This. Do not let some mediocre centers stop you. You never know what you will get.
Tear centers like these:
40 95/50
75 60/75
55 80/30

They are useless. You should always go for weapon+armour = over 160.

egamma

« Reply #4: June 25, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »

Or, build two, tear down the weaker, one, and then repeat, so that you have one at least.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 25, 2012, 07:23:21 PM »
This. Do not let some mediocre centers stop you. You never know what you will get.
Tear centers like these:
40 95/50
75 60/75
55 80/30

What you should do is look at what sort of centers your realm has and needs. You don't need nor do you want all your recruits to be 90 90/90. You need to have cheaper troops available as well for those times when paying 45 gold instead of 30 isn't possible.

That 55 80/30 you listed would work just fine if your realm already has a 60 30/80 center. Mix those two and you end up with a decent unit.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 25, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »
Tear centers like these:
40 95/50
75 60/75
55 80/30

This attitude continues to bug me.

Less desirable for your particular purposes? Maybe. But the only useless center is the 0/0/0 center that you get when you try and fail.

Frankly, anything with 95% weapons should be considered pretty darn good. And I'm pretty sure that 80/30 isn't possible—the game tries to ensure that weapon and armour quality aren't wildly far apart from each other.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #7: June 25, 2012, 07:26:52 PM »
Tear centers like these:
40 95/50
75 60/75
55 80/30

If you get 20 men from the first center and 20 from the second, their stats will be: 57 77/62, which is a pretty decent unit.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: June 25, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »

Less desirable for your particular purposes? Maybe. But the only useless center is the 0/0/0 center that you get when you try and fail.

Frankly, anything with 95% weapons should be considered pretty darn good. And I'm pretty sure that 80/30 isn't possible—the game tries to ensure that weapon and armour quality aren't wildly far apart from each other.

You are wrong. You should check your program. Thalmarkin has 35 80/30 and Sirion has 40 75/30.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 25, 2012, 07:41:55 PM »

Yeah, I must disagree with Zakilevo. Middling centers can be desirable, especially for militia.

... And I'm pretty sure that 80/30 isn't possible—the game tries to ensure that weapon and armour quality aren't wildly far apart from each other.

How sure is pretty sure? Observe this existing center:

Archers   60   90 / 35

If you would like to upgrade their armor so that your statement rings true...:P

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 25, 2012, 07:44:13 PM »
rio has 30 20/70 inf
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 25, 2012, 07:44:29 PM »
You are wrong. You should check your program. Thalmarkin has 35 80/30 and Sirion has 40 75/30.

Then it's probably right on the edge of the allowed range. I don't remember how big a gap it allows offhand. That's a gap of 50%, so it's probably the limit or close to it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: June 25, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
Then it's probably right on the edge of the allowed range. I don't remember how big a gap it allows offhand. That's a gap of 50%, so it's probably the limit or close to it.

From looking at others posting RC stats, 50% seems to be the limit.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 25, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »
Does the chances of getting a good RC depend on the no. of prevailing RCs in the region?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: June 25, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »
Does the chances of getting a good RC depend on the no. of prevailing RCs in the region?

Don't think so. I think it is just completely random.