Author Topic: Getting a desired RC  (Read 19459 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a desired RC
« Reply #15: June 25, 2012, 08:31:08 PM »
Thanks guys, for all the info. It was really helpful.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 25, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
It is not *completely* random. There are some factors that affect quality, but they are not readily apparent.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 25, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »
Or, build two, tear down the weaker, one, and then repeat, so that you have one at least.

Makes it much more expensive, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 25, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
From looking at others posting RC stats, 50% seems to be the limit.

My prior posted one was 55%, and the one below is 60%. Guess again?  ;D

Shadow Snipers   Archers   20   70 / 10

Does the chances of getting a good RC depend on the no. of prevailing RCs in the region?

I was under the impression that the more barracks in the region, the worse the stats. I figured this was why cities tended to get a good recruiting center for their first one. All unsubstantiated, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:39:54 PM by Bael »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 25, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
I often heard that some regions have a tendency to produce certain types of units, or to produce good (or bad) RCs.

Sounded more like seeing patterns where there are none to me, but it's a pretty persistent rumor, if you will. Anyone know if there's any truth to regions having specific bias for good and/or bad and/or specific types of RCs?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #20: June 25, 2012, 09:02:28 PM »
Don't know about that but my region has been getting RCs of similar quality.

1. 95/50 - inf
2. 80-5/75 - SF
3. 95/50 - Cav
4. 85/55 - inf
5. 80/50 - inf

So maybe...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 25, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »

Ah, you're right; it's the difference between the combined equipment stats and the training that's kept normalized. Sorry for the confusion.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #22: June 25, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »
To prevent 90/90 infantry with 10 training. 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 25, 2012, 09:35:04 PM »
dirt cheap to pay .. expensive to repair XD

i think built order in avengmil (10k town) went like
sf 90   55 / 55 r5
sf 55   85 / 70
arc 55   50 / 65 r3 (can't remember)
inf 45   80 / 55

obviously there were a few rubbish ones that were knocked down.
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #24: June 25, 2012, 09:53:02 PM »
I don't get the fixation on extreme high quality centers.

There are many places in the game where number of soldiers is important, or more important than quality. Takeovers, looting, civil work and many others. Cheap units that you can mass-recruit have always had a place, and the best advise in my book was the one telling you to look for what the realm already has and try to cover out what it doesn't.

And never forget that the next try could get you something worse. So if you get a long-range archer unit with very low armour, you just might want to suck it up and keep it, because who knows how long you have to try to get one with the same range an better armour.

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: June 25, 2012, 10:01:17 PM »

There are many places in the game where number of soldiers is important, or more important than quality. Takeovers, looting, civil work and many others. Cheap units that you can mass-recruit have always had a place, and the best advise in my book was the one telling you to look for what the realm already has and try to cover out what it doesn't.

And never forget that the next try could get you something worse. So if you get a long-range archer unit with very low armour, you just might want to suck it up and keep it, because who knows how long you have to try to get one with the same range an better armour.

Well for me, I play in big realms. So usually my realms already got low or mediocre quality RCs. Just looking for amazing RCs now which we just got 2 in the past month :D

egamma

« Reply #26: June 25, 2012, 11:22:11 PM »

That's why I suggested that they build two, knock down they don't want, and then try again--so that they have at least one.

I was under the impression that the more barracks in the region, the worse the stats. I figured this was why cities tended to get a good recruiting center for their first one. All unsubstantiated, unfortunately.

and 70/10 archers are pretty cool. Set them to skirmish, train them like crazy, and hope that the enemy doesn't get close.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 25, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »

trouble is... for the big ass units, you might actually want really really crap ones. so you end up aiming for really good centres... and accepting really crap ones.

the rest that are not good enough and not crap enough you end up ditching.

range is probably not the determining factor. if you get a really good equipment one, you'll keep it even if it's r3 rather than r4. the r2 ones (is there r1 archer?!) would be a bit more iffy...
firefox

egamma

« Reply #28: June 25, 2012, 11:46:10 PM »
range is probably not the determining factor. if you get a really good equipment one, you'll keep it even if it's r3 rather than r4. the r2 ones (is there r1 archer?!) would be a bit more iffy...

Range 2 is minimum for archers, Range 1 for MI. But I would never use them.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 26, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »

Dirt cheap (calculated in gold/man) and top stats are the two things that realms should strive for.

Yes, as you said, many things only consider troop number. But in many wars, none of these things will be done. And if all you plan on doing is fighting, you are much better off with a small army of elite troops than a horde of cheap troops.