Author Topic: Skillincreases from battles.  (Read 3060 times)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Skillincreases from battles.
« Topic Start: June 26, 2012, 12:18:21 PM »
Was there a specific reason these were removed? In my opinion they did add to the game and encouraged people to fight more battles. In my first year my first character managed to achieve over 80 in leadership without visiting an academy compared to my other character on Beluaterra who never have seen a skill increase in battle in spite of fighting in two invasions since his teens, and has had to gain all his (mediocre) skills from academies and tournaments.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Skillincreases from battles.
« Reply #1: June 26, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »
They have not been removed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 26, 2012, 01:09:22 PM »
Battle Results   (12 days, 18 hours ago)

Your unit participated in a battle in Mio Dupaki. Your scribe has written down a battle report as a Scribe Note.
The battle lasted for 2 hours.
You have gained 1 Honour.
You have improved your leadership skill.
Your unit was wiped out to the last man.

Indeed they have not.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: June 26, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
It is still there but you get it very rarely.

egamma

« Reply #4: June 26, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »
It is still there but you get it very rarely.

More specifically, the odds of getting a skill increase depend on a variety of things, including your current skill, age (?), size of battle, etc.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 26, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
I thought age had something to do with it, but as my character on Beluaterra  fought lots of huge and long battles  in the last invasion as a teenager and never recieved an increase I thought they had been removed entirely.

My East Island character that I started with recieved leadership skill increases in just about every battle he fought, until the point where his skill couldn't be measured at the academy, so I thought that if they hadn't been removed the odds of getting one had been lowered to the point of them being negligible.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 26, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
One of my characters on East Continent gets fairly regular Leadership boosts, as does one of my characters in the Colonies.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: June 26, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »
I haven't improved my skills in a long time. My captains improved their skills but I didn't improve anything.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 27, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
I seem to get more leadership boosts with archers, MI or ranged SF on normal or defensive. However I never seem to get sword fighting boosts with MI or SF (ranged or otherwise).