Author Topic: Removing a royal duke  (Read 23552 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Removing a royal duke
« Reply #75: July 26, 2012, 05:10:51 AM »
Once you start actively working against your duke, you may get their attention and wake them up. But start doing *something*, even if it's not the perfect thing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: July 26, 2012, 05:18:13 AM »
I did say many, not any. And if they're in Sorraine, I don't think they'll be willing to help out Kindara, somehow.
You know how Zonasa likes to project this image of being all pure and honorable, and that none of their nobles would ever do anything of that nature?

You know how Zonasa lies?

Yeah.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: July 26, 2012, 05:29:48 AM »
You know how Zonasa likes to project this image of being all pure and honorable

Hah, don't worry. Nobody believes that. :P

And I still don't believe we're at the "put a knife in her" stage yet.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: July 26, 2012, 05:56:01 AM »

Well, Alpha would. Since the trinity died Osaliel is an OotE city, and she's damaging the war effort. Doesn't have any infils though.

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: July 26, 2012, 06:14:05 AM »
Some Zonasans do.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: July 26, 2012, 07:03:21 AM »

...forget knife for now.

read about the election bit that's been said quite a few times already?

and get the king to whack up tax to max... if it's a single duchy realm. how many city/towns have you got?
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: July 26, 2012, 07:19:15 AM »
The problem is simple: it's harder to remove a Royal than a Ruler. The moment a Royal Duke has his position much safer than the King you know something is wrong.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: July 26, 2012, 07:21:52 AM »
that's not true.

a king/duke can only be booted from the ruler position. he is just as hard to boot from duke position. (and he gets to remain royal after the boot from king)
firefox

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: July 26, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »
that's not true.

a king/duke can only be booted from the ruler position. he is just as hard to boot from duke position. (and he gets to remain royal after the boot from king)
Thats his point its easier to keep your position of duke, especially a royal duke then it is to keep your rulership.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: July 26, 2012, 07:24:42 AM »
The problem is simple: it's harder to remove a Royal than a Ruler. The moment a Royal Duke has his position much safer than the King you know something is wrong.

Before the times of Absolute Rulers this was often the case. There were times were individual Dukes controlled more land and more troops then the Rulers to whom they were pledged.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: July 26, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
well.. the only thing one can say is that the position of dukes is currently an anomaly in that the only way to get the position is via appointment.

as opposed to having auto-referendum like lords too.

otherwise.. it's not all that different from comparing ruler and royal lords, in that you have to go through the hoops to get at him.
firefox

Chaotrance13

« Reply #86: July 27, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
I have a feeling I'm going to have to utilise Malos' status as a Diplomat to deal with this Duchess. ICly he holds no ties to her unlike Velax does as an example, and also he can't use his status as a Priest to do it - the CoH doesn't use religion as a weapon. At least not yet.

Besides, he needs to oversee the expansion of the faith down South anyway. Pity that I'm going away on vacation for a week as of tomorrow..

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: July 27, 2012, 08:08:35 PM »
I have a feeling I'm going to have to utilise Malos' status as a Diplomat to deal with this Duchess. ICly he holds no ties to her unlike Velax does as an example, and also he can't use his status as a Priest to do it - the CoH doesn't use religion as a weapon. At least not yet.

Besides, he needs to oversee the expansion of the faith down South anyway. Pity that I'm going away on vacation for a week as of tomorrow..

She's out now. We just need a way to appoint lords.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #88: July 27, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
She's out now. We just need a way to appoint lords.

So she is. Hmm. Plus during wartime it may be more prudent to stay put in Azros when it's practically a front-line city in case battles break out.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: July 28, 2012, 08:42:22 AM »
She's still Duchess. We'll have to change it so lords are elected, and then the Sozon lord can change duchies.