Author Topic: Reputation?  (Read 26544 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Reputation?
« Topic Start: March 24, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
As you can see, I am mostly disliked here as many of the people here take my words the wrong way. What becomes of negative reputation?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation?
« Reply #1: March 24, 2011, 11:40:06 AM »
Nothing that I know of. It is more an indication then anything.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 24, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
We'll just /troll everything you say now   8)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 24, 2011, 07:27:16 PM »
I do tend to bring the worst out of some people  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 25, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
u mad, bro?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: March 25, 2011, 07:42:31 PM »
there are no forum mechanics regarding reputation that I'm aware of, so aside from being visible, it does nothing.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 31, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
Then feel free to dispraise me all you want  8) 8)  Just makes me look more BA?   ??? ::)

YESSSS it's at +4/-20 right now! I screenshot that !@#$!

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: April 01, 2011, 02:08:54 AM »
I'm not sure if that's something of which to be proud...

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 01, 2011, 02:17:02 AM »
It means you are powerful enough to make people unconfortable.  And motivate them to click.  That's a nice thing, I think.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 01, 2011, 02:40:45 AM »
I'm not sure if that's something of which to be proud...

As one BM's great stoner-players I take great pride to have accomplished something to the lengths of "420". Ah the day when I get a character to 420 honor  ::) :P

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #10: April 01, 2011, 03:02:13 AM »
It means you are powerful enough to make people unconfortable.  And motivate them to click.  That's a nice thing, I think.

Or people are just too polite to say something along the lines of "You are an idiot and every post you write makes my neurons scream at the injustice of the world".

Note that the above does not necessarily reflect my opinion.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 01, 2011, 03:06:52 AM »
It probably just means that some petty fool clicked it when you disagreed with them, knowing that you can't see who gives you reputation.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 01, 2011, 03:08:22 AM »
Just makes me look more BA)

Below average?   ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #13: April 01, 2011, 03:16:58 AM »
It probably just means that some petty fool clicked it when you disagreed with them, knowing that you can't see who gives you reputation.

That's probably a good thing too. Though it might be better if karma actions could only be performed once on each member. For example, if I applaud/dispraise member A, then I cannot alter member A's reputation after that. Otherwise, maybe some guy would keep spamming the applaud/dispraise until at least one person here has +a zillion or -a zillion.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 01, 2011, 03:22:07 AM »
That's probably a good thing too. Though it might be better if karma actions could only be performed once on each member. For example, if I applaud/dispraise member A, then I cannot alter member A's reputation after that. Otherwise, maybe some guy would keep spamming the applaud/dispraise until at least one person here has +a zillion or -a zillion.

You can only give a player a rep change once every hour. It would require some serious dedication to make a huge difference, but then there is no accounting for how seriously some people take interactions on these boards, nor how much spare time people seem to have to waste.