Author Topic: Reputation?  (Read 26475 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Reputation?
« Reply #60: June 01, 2011, 09:06:20 AM »
I was no necessarily talking to you.  :-\

Already being sensitive, Shane? :) Don't worry, we love you  8)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 01, 2011, 10:19:34 AM »
Already being sensitive, Shane? :) Don't worry, we love you  8)

::)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: July 06, 2011, 07:34:18 PM »
I'm not trolling. I just got curious about the rep system so went reading. Anywho, I know another game whose forums have a system where you can only rep/derep a member once, then you are not allowed rep/derep that member until you've done so to a number of other members. I wasn't ever bothered enough to find the "right" amount of people before you could rep/derep someone else, but it seemed a good system for keeping the kind of problems mentioned in the last posts from happening. Could still happen, but screwing with one person's rep is one thing, screwing with half the forum's rep to screw with one person's rep usually seems going slightly too far.

If its still an issue, I can have a gander around and ask one of the forum mods I know over there. Otherwise, I deeply regret reviving what should be a properly dead topic.

Finton.

egamma

« Reply #63: July 08, 2011, 07:43:26 PM »
I'm not trolling. I just got curious about the rep system so went reading. Anywho, I know another game whose forums have a system where you can only rep/derep a member once, then you are not allowed rep/derep that member until you've done so to a number of other members. I wasn't ever bothered enough to find the "right" amount of people before you could rep/derep someone else, but it seemed a good system for keeping the kind of problems mentioned in the last posts from happening. Could still happen, but screwing with one person's rep is one thing, screwing with half the forum's rep to screw with one person's rep usually seems going slightly too far.

If its still an issue, I can have a gander around and ask one of the forum mods I know over there. Otherwise, I deeply regret reviving what should be a properly dead topic.

Finton.

I would prefer to see it be once per person, period.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #64: July 09, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »
The negative rep is supposed to make things easier to read, I'm thinking about the /. karma system here.

But we already have a "report to moderator" link, so I think that's really all we need. I think we'll be fine without a reputation system. Unless someone can name an actual purpose of having one, I think we're fine.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 17, 2011, 05:12:57 AM »
Unless someone can name an actual purpose of having one, I think we're fine.

A playground for the pettier and more vindictive side of my nature?

Oh... err... I guess that's a not a pro...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner