Author Topic: Any League players?  (Read 15381 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Any League players?
« Topic Start: June 27, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »
Been playing for a solid 3 months, haven't gotten into ranked too much, played tons of dominion and now getting back into classic. Got a bunch of friends who play, all level 30 (like me). Mainly play Brand, Ziggs, and Jax but recently have been training with Caitlyn and Shaco. Feel free to add me and play anytime! Name is PineappleSteez
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

Re: Any League players?
« Reply #1: June 27, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
Used to play. But when my friend invited me to dota2, I stopped.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 27, 2012, 09:37:17 PM »
Used to play. But when my friend invited me to dota2, I stopped.

This, basically, except I was the first of my friends to get into the beta and I've been the one bringing my other friends in.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 27, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
Dota 2 is that much better? They do have some pretty damn innovation champions (if that's what they are called), such as that new one (forget the name) which steals spells from enemies and uses it against them!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: June 27, 2012, 09:47:40 PM »
Meh. They are just transferring all the heroes from dota 1. I think it is easier to learn how to play dota through lol. dota 2 can be very harsh on new players. also it takes some time for people to learn how to play. better get ready to lose first 100 games  :o.

You have to learn all the paths you can use to run away from your team mates, manage your gold carefully, and learn how to deny creeps.

Both games are different though they are in the same genre. Unlike lol, only a few heroes have escape abilities so positioning yourself is important. Also, losing your buildings will cost you more unlike lol since buildings do not re-spawn.

Also, you can stack creep camps for your carries to farm. I don't do it myself because I am lazy ;)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 27, 2012, 10:39:26 PM »
I used to play WC dota a lot, but haven't followed up anything since. Looks like some new stuff has come out?!

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: June 27, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »
a lot of new stuff really. new items and new heroes and few heroes being totally reworked.

one thing I really like about dota 2 is the mute button. can mute annoying bastards with a single click :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #7: June 27, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »
Me? Lol?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 28, 2012, 04:11:26 AM »
I used to be a diehard LoL fan but I've got to say that DOTA is by far the superior game
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 28, 2012, 04:21:00 AM »
I play LoL regularly. More so than BM at this point.

What I like about LoL is that it is intended at least to be new player friendly. It has a wide spectrum of players and doesn't cater to only the high end.

Main character is Anivia, but I can play anything at this point and have played a lot of ranked.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: June 28, 2012, 04:58:04 AM »
I used to be a diehard LoL fan but I've got to say that DOTA is by far the superior game

one thing I do not like about lol is having so many heroes sharing similar spells. it seems all of their carries have aoe spells to farm. also I think they are releasing heroes too often. also, there aren't enough disabling items in lol which I understand since lol can pick two spells (some of them are completely useless) at the beginning.

for now I say dota is somewhat better. since they let you play all the heroes at least...

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 07, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »
League of Legends = lol

mm I still play from time to time. It's still fun but gotta keep up with it. I prefer the old dota when it was back on WC but yeah doubt I could go back to playing dota.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 24, 2012, 03:47:53 AM »
I had my deep hopes that this place was a secure one, where i would never heard about LoL.

I HATE IT!!!

Last time i played was on February, and yes i rage-quit...

To hell with Anie bot!

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 24, 2012, 04:16:38 AM »
I had my deep hopes that this place was a secure one, where i would never heard about LoL.

I HATE IT!!!

Last time i played was on February, and yes i rage-quit...

To hell with Anie bot!

Fiddlesticks eats Annie Bot

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 24, 2012, 05:40:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure my Anivia mid destroys all.

(Hi, I'm froggen's smurf)

Good Day.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."