Author Topic: Power Ranking for EC  (Read 23293 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ranking for EC
« Reply #60: September 04, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
RP alone won't keep a realm going. You need something for people to actually *do*.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: September 04, 2012, 06:19:50 PM »
And, if you create a colony in Sallowtown today, you shouldn't come and complain that your realm is too poor to stand a chance of surviving and that you should be given a few more food-producing regions to stand a chance.

All realms start the same, and their location shapes their destiny. It would be unfair to change the lands after the fact, unfair to those who chose to go somewhere else than this place because they saw the land as too poor.

What's fair is to give an equal chance to everyone by giving them equal information and stability of the underlying facts.

Partly such things are on purpose. Having a imbalance of resources generated conflict to control those resources. If you are not strong enough military wise to gain control of them, seek another way. Realms are dynamic, surely we can't expect the map to change every time a realm dies/is created/changes its borders in order to provide someone's concept of a fair playing field?

I don't play in OI nor near it. I am not asking for someone to improve my regions. I see them and their lack of potential and it is clear that I will hardly play in there. Of course they lack nobles, who'd want to join them? I invited a guy to BM and his first character started in OI. He didn't quit the game for I told him to make another one in a different realm, but his first character was retired after not too long. The realm's fault? Perhaps. Now I'd like to see an efficient and respectable realm in the OI area and in several other places in the game, like the Balance's Retreat (though this may be intentional to be a rogue-spawning reserve), Fissoa (here is mostly a geography problem), and so on.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: September 05, 2012, 01:12:49 AM »
I don't play in OI nor near it. I am not asking for someone to improve my regions. I see them and their lack of potential and it is clear that I will hardly play in there. Of course they lack nobles, who'd want to join them? I invited a guy to BM and his first character started in OI. He didn't quit the game for I told him to make another one in a different realm, but his first character was retired after not too long. The realm's fault? Perhaps. Now I'd like to see an efficient and respectable realm in the OI area and in several other places in the game, like the Balance's Retreat (though this may be intentional to be a rogue-spawning reserve), Fissoa (here is mostly a geography problem), and so on.

The problem here is the idea of WHERE realms should be. Why should the islands of OI constitute a realm? They could just as easily be part of a coastal mainland realm. Balance Retreat is a terrible place to base a realm out of in terms of resources. But it has slightly more use as extra land and resources for a realm based in a nearby city.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: September 08, 2012, 05:52:32 PM »
Yes, OI needs to do something to attract nobles. The problem lies in the fact that their share of regions prevents them from doing mostly anything.